Is a new tower causing dropped calls?
KeystoneCO

A new tower was put up here... it is one of those cell phone "trees" which I don't mind, although they painted the antennas neon green which makes them stand out far worse had they not been painted. Presumably this new tower, 10 ft away from the building which had the old antennas, was to improve reception in an area where there were some notable dead zones.

However, now reception is worse. US Hwy 6, the main traffic artery in the area, used to have a zone about 1/2 mile long (centered at Swan Mountain Rd) where calls got scratchy and you'd tell the other person "hold on for thirty seconds, going through that bad spot." If figured the new tower would fix that, being taller and all that. Well, now that dead zone expanded to 2.5 miles long (measured it) and more often than not results in dropped calls, except now I just don't make calls on that daily drive because half the distance is unusable!

I tried updating my PRL on the non-SIM phone (Droid 2), no difference. My fiance's Iphone 5 has the same problem now and she wants to go back to her old service provider. People are complaining around here. There are other weird things like sometimes we receive the same txt msg 5 times in a row. I figured the reception was a kink in the new tower they'd work out, but it has been up for 2+ months now. I am wondering if there is some bad electronics in the tower or a bad antenna or something that is making the reception so much worse in the area than before?

I don't know who to report this too

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New tower = dropped calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KeystoneCO,

Thanks for providing that information to us for review. Considering that the service was working previously, and has undergone a significant negative change, a network ticket needs to be filed in your area. This alerts our network engineers to the issue, and they review the area more extensively to see if service can be improved. You can call in to our technical support team at 800-922-0204 to do this, or feel free to send me a Direct Message for further assistance.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out! I want to ensure that we're able to take a close look into your concern. What zip code are you located in? Is this issue effecting all services? I noticed that you mentioned text messages but does it occur with calls and data as well? I look forward to hearing from you.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
KeystoneCO

This is for zip 80435 and the new tower installed at Mountain View Plaza, Keystone, CO. GPS coordinates:

N 39.609249°        W  105.953090°  

N 39° 36.5549'      W  105° 57.1853'

N 39° 36' 33.29"    W  105° 57' 11.12"

Easting 418,182 Northing 4,384,823  Zone 13

This issue is primarily affecting voice calls for the increased areas of no service. The text message issue is intermittent. I haven't tried data while driving through the dead zones. I can if necessary. Let me know.

Thank you for your attention on this issue. Please let me know what information is required. It is import ant to have this issue addressed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KeystoneCO,

Thanks for providing that information to us for review. Considering that the service was working previously, and has undergone a significant negative change, a network ticket needs to be filed in your area. This alerts our network engineers to the issue, and they review the area more extensively to see if service can be improved. You can call in to our technical support team at 800-922-0204 to do this, or feel free to send me a Direct Message for further assistance.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes