Re: Is anyone else having extremely slow 4G LTE/JetPack Speeds?
landobart
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're not the only one with this issue.  I am also in the 37203 zip code and recently the LTE service on my iPhone 5 has been as slow as you are stating.  I am averaging 0.08 Mb/s down.  Not 0.8, 0.08.  It has begun the past week or so.  My phone is useless for anything needing data.  I have switched to 3G and am getting about 1.0 mb/s down.  This is incredibly frustrating and I also have considered switching service because of it.

mtnman1253
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the same problem as well on an iphone 5 in LTE mode all around nashville... download speeds easily under 1mbps.  I thought it might be my phone but while traveling this weekend I'm gettting 20 mbps plus outside of nashville... makes me think it's on verizon's end for sure. Any one else having this problem?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

landobar,

Slow speeds in a good looking 4G LTE area are a serious red flag around here. So, given coverage looks fantastic, let's zero in on your phone. Since, we're dealing with data speeds on an iPhone 5, there are two things I'd like to start off with. First, please remove the SIM for at least 60 seconds, reinsert, and test. Next, let's reset network settings http://vz.to/OPvlTr . Please share how that works out. Also, please note if this is indoor or outdoor coverage issues. Thanks!

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
landobart
Enthusiast - Level 1

I took out the SIM and gave it a minute.  I also reset the network settings.  Ran another test in this area and it is .28 mbps.  I then disabled LTE and ran another speed test on the 3G network and got 1.88 mbps.  Later in the day it seems to speed up on the LTE network.  Im starting to wonder if the bandwidth in the area is an issue.  I am also indoors.  My coworker has an iPhone 5 on AT&T and we put it beside mine and ran a speed test, his pulled 19.8 mbps.  Also ran another iPhone 5 on Verizon in my location and it pulled under 1 mbps as well.  This leads me back to the network having issues.  With this being downtown Nashville, there is no reason why this should be happening.  Very frustrating given the competitor is showing 60+ times faster d/l speeds.

0 Likes
warriormedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck.  The best I have gotten so far from VZW telephone customer service is a willingness to let me out of my contract.  I think I still have an open trouble ticket, though it has been more than a week and I still have not heard anything on the status.  Frustration is a mild term for what I am experiencing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi warriormedic,

Let's get to the bottom of this! I am saddened to learn that you have yet to receive a resolution to your trouble ticket. I would love the opportunity to review your account in an effort to identify what transpired. At your leisure, please DM your name and wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
warriormedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, so I DM'd Ayani, no reply as of yet.  Service bottomed out again today as usual, so I called VZW customer service again.  It seems that the bandwidth available to the towers in the middle of the capital city of Tennessee is not sufficient to handle the number of their subscribers during peak usage hours.  They are "working" on the issue, with no projected date to completion.  In the meantime, since I can connect at least sometimes, I am expected to continue paying for the sub-standard service.

The phone rep did apologize for their failure to contact me in regards to the closed trouble ticket.  Wow.  Total fail by Verizon Wireless.  Although purportedly the biggest network, clearly they over-allocate their capabilities and don't have time to communicate with customers; but once they are getting your money on contract, who cares?

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Ah, so we finally have some kind of an explanation for what is going on in that area.  It is a fitting explanation considering what we have already disovered in this thread. 

Thanks for posting back to us with your update.  Please keep us posted if you discover anything else.

0 Likes
bbeaird
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's two months later, and I'm still getting the same slowness on my iPhone 5 over LTE in Nashville (37203 down West End). It didn't use to be like this 6 months ago, and as soon as I leave the city, speeds jump back up to normal. I assume they just didn't build the infrastructure to handle everybody. At least 3G still works...

4gsoslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

You folks should also see the issues posted in this thread

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/998054

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See Slow 4G LTE in Nashville | Verizon Wireless Community <<