Is anyone out there being charge for data while using WiFi other than us?????????
Elimae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon last month changing our data usage from unlimited to a 2GB (which by Verizon records showed we actually use much less than we decided upon), we are now being charged for the WIFI usage at our own home?? Is there a customer service rep anywhere to be found?? If you wanna buy something, they certainly are at your beckon call!! But have any issues with there services and they are MIA!!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Is anyone out there being charge for data while using WiFi other than us?????????
Not applicable

The wifi at times will disconnect from a device and it will revert to cellular data which is quite common.

However you can just turn cellular data off in your device settings.

Please be aware that some items on the device as well as system updates still will use cellular data.

I have found that the so called 95% of customers use less than 2GB to be a total sham. These same users are now posting here they are going way over what they used before.

There is also a big data drain between 3G and 4G so that is something to consider.

Good Luck

Re: Is anyone out there being charge for data while using WiFi other than us?????????
Elimae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley Happy Thanks!! Figured there was a way for them to "get ya" if at all possible!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Never MIA Elimae! We're here and we are ready to assist you! Please confirm your phone model and software version and we'll explore options to ensure that your WiFi stays connected to avoid cellular data usage. Please note that Smartphones are designed to automatically connect to cellular data when your WiFi connection fails. If you want to ensure that no cellular data is used while connected to WiFi you can disable cellular data while on a WiFi network.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Prost_1977
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have just begun to realize I had this issue.  I lowered my data plan to 2gb. I use wifi 80% of the time wether it be home or work. We'll I been at home all day on wifi,and yes I verified that I'm on my network through settings and booom!! Data usage. What? This can't be right so I called support talked to "tech support".  Best response ever and I quote " you need a bigger data plan". What I'm on wifi why would I need more data hahahaha so ur basically telling me nevernind ur data charges while on wifi just buy more! Sweet advice.  SPRINT here I come!!!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Turn your cellular data off and back on when you need it. Like a light switch

0 Likes
keiffer747

I also am being charged Data and I work from home! 3gb! Something isn't right here. At best I am off wifi about 3 hours per day, if that.

Can someone from Verizon please look into my account for me? How can this be right?

Yes my wife has a line. Yes she uses data. However, looking at my Verizon bill it says my line is using 95% of the data!! She doesn't have wifi at work???? But I am home, connected to my wifi. Something is wrong!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Are you sure you're connecting to wi-fi. do you have a iphone? As I keep telling people LOOK at your device it clearly tells you what apps is using data and how much, there isn't a mystery here.

0 Likes
keiffer747

Thanks for your swift reply. I can appreciate your attempt to help me resolve this issue. This is like working with PC tech support whose first response is to restart your computer.

I have a note 4, which I just received on the 19th. I know which program uses most of the data… Google+. I am 100% sure I am Wi-Fi.

So my question to you is… what’s next? If I am really on Wi-Fi, and any app running should be using Wi-Fi, why am I being charged data?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just because you're on wi-fi doesn't mean that an app can use cellular data if you leave it on. Do you use Google +? if not I would disable it or delete it.

OK when you look at the data settings and it shows Google plus is that showing up under mobile or wi-fi? If it's mobile then it's obviously not using wi-fi.

Verizon will not change you for using wi-fi. wi-fi data is not going over their network.

0 Likes