Is it just me or has Verizon's signal/service worsened year over year?
tf007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to brag about how great my cell service used to be with Verizon. Because of all my bragging, many of my friends and family have switched over to VZ. Now I'm regretting it. 

Just yesterday I was in the middle of town and couldn't even load a simple 30 second video.

It's all dropped calls now. Unable to load apps due to weak signal. Calls cutting in and out when I'm talking to my customers. Super long load times. 

And I KNOW it's not my device because I have a Note 10, which is a flagship phone with plenty of power and tech. Plus everyone else I convinced to switch to Verizon is also experiencing the same problem. 

I called customer service and they just sent me a link to a video, basically telling me that I'm out of luck because service is just bad in my area now. When years ago it was unbeatable. 

Looks like I'll be taking my 7 lines and hotspot to At&t. 

So sad. I've been a fan of Verizon for the longest time. 

0 Likes
Re: Is it just me or has Verizon's signal/service worsened year over year?
tf007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Their reply for documentation purposes. Sad excuse. Their service never had this issues before. 

"We’ve had an opportunity to review the area in detail and at this time we have confirmed that our technicians would have identified your location to be within a marginal coverage area. In areas such as this you may have an inconsistent network experience, which can include dropped calls, frequent disconnects, and latency, due to factors outside of our control.

In areas like this, we would recommend indoors solutions such as WiFi calling or a network extender to assist with indoor coverage.

Please tell us, do you have access to Wi-Fi in these locations? If so, have you previously used Wi-Fi Calling on your devices?"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to do everything we can to help, tf007. Making sure you receive the best available service in your area is a must. Don't hesitate to respond to our Private Note to ensure we review all options with you.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
kecannon96
Enthusiast - Level 1

It HAS definitely gotten worse and I am not joking when I say the 5G they are launching in big cities is putting the rest of us back to 3G service at best, it is that slow, spotty and dropping calls while at my work station. I am strongly considering switching to another carrier for my business. There is something wrong when you are working from the exact same spot and your much slower 4G service goes to 1X. This is not the Verizon we are used to from the past, while still working from the same location while we've had Verizon as our carrier for the past 20+ years. Something needs to be done to correct this or historically dedicated customers are going to leave.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kecannon96, having a reliable connection is imperative! We wouldn't want to see you go after all these years & are here to help! Although our 5G network is expanding, it's not replacing 4G. To gain clarity, what happens when you try to place a call, send a text, and use data? Do you experience your signal fluctuating everywhere, or only when at your work station? Does the problem persist indoors/outdoors? 

0 Likes
Mikcl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it’s not just you their service for me has been in the toilet for last 6 months I have several lines with them but am going to have switch to another carrier if they don’t correct this garbage