Is it still possible to upgrade early from a contract by going to the edge program?
Nikkimv

I know in the past you've been able to upgrade early from a contract by switching to the edge program and trading in your old phone. I was wondering if that is still possible and if so, how would go about finding out which line is available for an early upgrade.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is it still possible to upgrade early from a contract by going to the edge program?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nikkimv,

You’ve got me concerned. Is there a problem with your current device we can assist with?
Promotions can vary from time to time, and at times, promotions can be sent out allowing early updates to your devices from our marketing teams. If there is an early offer you’ll generally receive an email, mailing, or see it when you sign into your My Verizon account.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Is it still possible to upgrade early from a contract by going to the edge program?
Nikkimv

The current device I Have is fine. I am interested in the newer version coming out soon and was wondering if early upgrades were still an option. I am recently regretting not doing a Verizon edge program and doing the 2 year contract instead.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be happy with the device that you are using. How long ago did you upgrade to a two year agreement?

NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is no longer called the "Edge program".  It is the Device Payment Plan (DPP) option.  If you were on the DPP you would have to pay of 100% of the balance before starting a new DPP for a different phone.  If you want a shiny new phone while under contract, you can always purchase a device at the full retail price in one lump sum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nikkimv

I've had the device for 1 year. I know I've done early upgrades in the past but I'm curious when and what determines that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting new equipment is always exciting, Nikkimv. I want to make sure you have all the options available for you. Ann154 is absolutely correct when dealing with a device payment, but I want to make sure you get all of the information you need so that we can set you up for success. I have gone ahead and sent you a private message so that we can move forward.

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes