Is the network down in Chicago?
JHerrmann

Is the Verizon Network down in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is the network down in Chicago?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

People are reporting it on http://downdetector.com/status/verizon

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have the service you need, especially in an inner city like Chicago is definitely important, JHermann. I want to take a closer look at this area for you to see if there are any reported network related issues. Please give me more information about the service issues you are experiencing and please provide me with your zip code. 

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Geez, chetonj_vzw​, vzw_customer_support​, at this point (2 days later) it might need to be a RFO (Reason For Outage).

0 Likes
KTLN525

It's not just happening in Chicago proper, it's all over the suburbs and has been going on for at least three days. At work I usually have full bars of service and for several days it's been just the tiny first one. My phone has been going to 3G and 1x all the time. Emails aren't opening, pages aren't loading. I checked for a system update for my phone, and also rebooted it, just to make sure it's not my phone. But now I'm seeing MANY customers all over the Chicago area and collar counties reporting trouble. What is going on? An explanation would go a LONG way to smoothing things over right now. Somewhere your engineers know that the signal is not going out - are they going to fix it and when?My work zip is 60477 and my home zip is 60449.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your service is up and running smoothly is definitely important, so I understand how you feel, KTLN525. Having these issues for three days is definitely not acceptable. Let's get to the bottom of this. 

I see you posted this two days ago. Are you still having these service issues? I checked the areas, and there are no reported alerts at this time. Is the issue only while indoors in these areas? 

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

From http://downdetector.com/status/verizon/chicago :

0 Likes