Is there a service outage in Lancaster PA?
rzoccola
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Verizon wireless service is primarily stuck on 1X signal strength and occasionally moves to 3G.  This is happening in the Lancaster County area of Pennsylvania, and when I am at work I have had a co-worker confirm it is happening with his Verizon service as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a service outage in Lancaster PA?
littlegeiger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just spoke to a sales person online.... here is her resonse.

Currently we are having a issue with a tower in the area and a fiber has been cut and it causing a outage.  Generally these types of issue wont last more than a few hours.  At this time is affecting multiple cities in PA and hundreds of customer and we are working as quick as possible to get service back up for you.

View solution in original post

djf42479
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's happening to me in York as well

bluesman09
Enthusiast - Level 2

My calls don't even go through. They immediately drop. Checked with my other Verizon phones, it's happening as well. I'm located in Elizabethtown.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you up and runnign rzoccola. I am not showing any reported issues in the area. When did you start experiencing issues with service? Does this happen when you are both indoors and outdoors? What make and model phone do you have?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sparefamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too! Saying no internet connection. I'm in Delta, PA

0 Likes
rzoccola
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started to notice the problem this morning.  It does happen both indoors and outside.  I have an HTC One Maxx.  I will also tell you that 2 of my coworkers are experiencing the same problem and they both have Apple devices.

0 Likes
pensfanatic29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im also getting no service.  wont let calls go through...even tried calling a verizon customer through a landline with no luck--said that they "currently were unable to authenticate your phone".  tried calling the #8899 number and it said the number was changed. 

0 Likes
pensfanatic29
Enthusiast - Level 2

obviously something going on with the verizon network...

sparefamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Apple 4. I am about 20 south of Lancaster. Also have the same problem and will not let me connect to the internet. I've tried rebooting, Resetting Network Settings........nothing. NEVER had this problem before.

0 Likes
cbunting
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called verizon, they do not have any outages reported, but there is indeed a problem in Elizabethtown, PA at least. I have an employee with 2 devices that has 1x service with no data or calls being able to be made. It appears the tower is up, but the backhaul must have failed to the site. I hope someone is working on this.