Issues with Family Base
KKP

Why doesn't this service work correctly, VERIZON IF YOU ARE GOING TO OFFER A SERVICE AND CHARGE FOR  IT PLEASE MAKE SURE IT WORKS!  I am having a very difficult time with Family base. At first I put time restrictions on my son's phone, according to Family Base the trusted contacts should still have been able to contact him.  NOT! When I called customer service they said there were serious problems with Family Base, but they would try and fix my issue.  Even though they said it was fixed it didn't work!  I unsubscribed.  Later I subscribe to family base just so I could restrict numbers.  At first it worked like a charm then it stopped working.  I went in to block more numbers and my sons line didn't show and there was no option to fix it.  Also I wanted to add some time restrictions, guess what that wasn't available either.  Third, with family base I cant back up my sons contacts.

>> Subject edited for brevity <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with Family Base
marve979
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear ya, it can get frustraiting with family base, I have been using it for about a year now and when setting it up took a while I found some tricks to it.

1. Most important:  After making the changes on it, or if it seems to freeze when changing it, log completely out of your web browser then log back into your my verizon account, and check your family base.

2. If you un-subscribe then re-subscribe dont forget to power-cycle all of the phones on the account as instructed on the usage instructions, or else the restrictions to the phones will not be set.

3. when setting the restrictions to the phones make sure before going to the next phone to hit the "save changes" button that appears after making the changes on that one phone.

4. Last but not least, once you believe you have all the settings correct...log out of the website and then log back in and re-check all the settings again to make sure all the changes were saved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
marve979
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear ya, it can get frustraiting with family base, I have been using it for about a year now and when setting it up took a while I found some tricks to it.

1. Most important:  After making the changes on it, or if it seems to freeze when changing it, log completely out of your web browser then log back into your my verizon account, and check your family base.

2. If you un-subscribe then re-subscribe dont forget to power-cycle all of the phones on the account as instructed on the usage instructions, or else the restrictions to the phones will not be set.

3. when setting the restrictions to the phones make sure before going to the next phone to hit the "save changes" button that appears after making the changes on that one phone.

4. Last but not least, once you believe you have all the settings correct...log out of the website and then log back in and re-check all the settings again to make sure all the changes were saved.

0 Likes
jtopping
Enthusiast - Level 1

helpful thanks

0 Likes