Its been a wonderful run with Verizon Wireless, but all good things always come to an end :[
Deltie

Dear Verizon,

I'm not sure if anyone would ever read this, but we've been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 10 years... I remember back in the day, my friends would have their phones from Cingular, T-Mobile, or Sprint and they'd always complain about their service coverage. With my head held high, I'd often let them use my old LG flip phone with "switchable" front/rear camera. It wasn't nearly until 6 years later I entered the era of data munching smart phones. Granted back then we had Verizon's unlimited data plan, and I loved it! I'd sit and watch youtube videos and tap at my phone screen for hours in a day. But all good things come to an end, Verizon started to end their unlimited contract, while our family held strongly to ours for another year or two; the ultimatum was given. Either keep our grandfathered data plan and never be able to upgrade our phones. Or be able to upgrade, but lose our data plan... Sadly we were assured by countless representatives that the average users rarely exceeded 2 GBs in a month, and thus our family agreed to let our existing plan go for the newer 'shared' tiered data system. It has been our greatest regret with Verizon, and for the last year or two we've been constantly keeping tabs of what we viewed on our nicest phones, how long we video chatted with friends. It feels that my phone hasn't been used the same ever since, and I frankly hate it. We've been using over our monthly limit for months in a row. In our family we share 20 GBs a month, but for the last couple months we had to extend it to the 30 GB a month plan, and the price is so unjustified.

I'm sad to say, that I'm no longer proud of Verizon's services anymore, it's been a great run. And its strange that those same friends that used to go to me when their phones no longer have data, it seems that I end up asking them to view content more than I should to preserve what precious data I have left...

Thanks for listening,
Jordan P.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Its been a wonderful run with Verizon Wireless, but all good things always come to an end :[
Not applicable

The great thing about humans is we have something called choice.

To keep unlimited data or to get a subsidize device at 1/4 the cost of paying full price at $700 or more.

You could have paid full price and kept unlimited data. But you did not. Even though by paying higher for data overages each month would have been better spent on buying the phone outright.

You could have now bought tge phone on the 12 month payment plan and also kept unlimited data. (not syre how long ago you got the new devices, I think it was before the new payment plan came into affect)

Again it is something that was your choice. You really cannot blame Verizon for business decisions. Most other carriers are going the way of full device payment via different offerings, Companies like Sprint and T-Mobile have unlimited data and lower monthly costs but their build outs are not usually as large as Verizons coverage. Again its a choice, you have to either go to one of the other carriers for their offerings or stay with Verizon and choose what is more important to you.

Good Luck