Jetpack line change amount on Unlimited is unacceptable
JAM4775

After I moved to the unlimited plan I was going to add a Jetpack to my account for my mom... but when I went to add it to my account I noticed in my shopping cart that the line charge for the Jetpack was $20 a month, not $10 like it is on other plans.

So I asked a Verizon rep why the Jetpack is $20 a month on the unlimited plan? He said, "because it's unlimited"

Then I said, "so you're saying the Jetpack is actually unlimited like the mobile data on smartphones lines where you may be reduced after 22GB or does it still have the same 10GB 4G limit then reduced to 3G after that?"

He replied, "There is a 10GB 4G limit and then will be reduced to 3G speeds, but it's still unlimited"

I said, "3G speeds is not usable for many things now days so I would not call that unlimited", and according to the FCC 3G speeds are not anywhere near what they call broadband, "Besides that still doesn't explain the $20 line charge per month, when a smartphone with the same line charge gets unlimited calling, unlimited texting, unlimited 4G mobile data, AND 10GB 4G hotspot data".

Then he actually asked me, "If I wanted to add a Jetpack to my line today?"

I said, "absolutely not, I can't justify paying $20 a month for a Jetpack that gets not even half the features of a smartphone line at the same cost"

I understand why there is a cap on hotspot data, even though I don't agree with it, it's too easy for people to connect multiple devices, especially computers, and use lot of data. The problem I have is, is what Verizon is charging for the Jetpack line charge and what you get for it... either the line charge needs to go back to $10 a month or they need to increase the 4G data limit on Jetpacks to at least 20GB to make the $20 charge worthwhile. This is a big slap in the face to Verizon's customers. And to make matters worse Verizon doesn't give you any option to even purchase more 4G data if you need it on Jetpack or smartphones. It feels like Verizon is trying to push people away from Jetpacks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes