Keep Service for Green Bay Wi Coverage
Soareth

Hello,

I have done some research online, here at the forums and across other website forums, about the coverage in Green bay Wi. A little background on me, I have been with Verizon since they took over Alltel's business while I was living in upper michigan. The service in upper michgan was excellent, save for a few spots in the woods, but that is understandable. 3 years ago I move back to Green Bay Wi, since moving back I have upgraded my phones, being as the old ones were alltel phones. Even with the newer phones I noticed a huge gap in coverage in the Green Bay area. Mainly on the east side of the city, when I get home I have to make sure my wi-fi is on in order to use data service at all, and the voice coverage is very iffy. My sister, who lives a couple houses down from me also has the same issue with data and voice coverage.

I did do some checking for the area last year, on tower locations, and what suprised me was the fact that I could only find one Verizon registered cell tower for the whole city, on the west side of town. While other providers have atleast two. I did talk to a few Verizon reps on the phone and did the sim card pull, power off and on, etc. that the reps suggested. None made a lasting difference with the reception on my phone. I also talked to my local in store rep, at that time I was ready to switch providers because my contract was up, but I renewed and upgraded my phones again when the rep told me that Verizon was going to have another tower up and running on the east side for the city by christmas 2012.

It is now almost the end of 2013 and still no new tower, or an improvement in service. My service along with my sisters seems to actually have gotten worse.

The end of my contract is coming up here shortly, I am thinking of going to another provider that has better converage for me, based on friends and other family who I have talked to and have no issues in my area with this other provider.

Is Verizon going to build this new tower in Green Bay?

How many people can one towere handle?

Should I wait it out?

An in home booster is out of the question, cheaper for me to switch providers.

My currect phones are:

Mine - Thunderbolt (Issues with data and voice)

Wifes - Stratosphere (Issues with data and voice)

Daughers - Cosmos (Issues with voice)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keep Service for Green Bay Wi Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Soareth
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for the detailed description of what's going on. I would like to look into this area with you. What zip code are you having issues in? Does service improve outdoors? Has any one ever opened a ticket to check the area?

There isn't a specific number that each tower can hold. Here's a great link to see our coverage and signup for news: http://bit.ly/xVecuo

I look forward to working with you and getting this resolved.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Soareth

Thank you for the reply.

The zipcode is 54311. The service does not improve outdoors at my residence. I do not know if a ticket was ever opened, as the reps I called to on the phone had me do the restart, sim card pull, etc. then asked me to call back if it did not improve.

I looked at the coverage map you linked, that is the stardard map I have viewed before. It does show that I should have full coverage for my residence, but I am lucky to have two bars of 4G and the voice is spotty.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to offer these details and troubleshoot with us, Soareth. I would like to get our network team involved by filing a ticket to have them investigate the area. Please follow me back then send a Direct Message with your name and mobile number. I am eager to find out more about the a resolution.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
GrammaSheryl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I contacted Verizon a few months about dropped calls to my family in Green Bay, specifically in 54301 on the east side. In early December I visited Green Bay and discovered for myself how poor the coverage is. In the area of Webster Ave & Taft I could take no calls in the house, and walking outside increased my strength to 1 bar on my phone. My calls dropped repeatedly. I have a Samsung Reality Android phone. Friends tell me service virtually drops out as you pass the Green Bay Correctional Institution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GrammaSheryl,

Oh my! We are here to get this resolved. Are you the only one experiencing these problems? Have you tried to dial *228 from your phone to update your network? Have we ever completed a network ticket to get this looked into for you? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes