Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
wildchild513

STILL dealing with the rebooting issues.It happens at least twice a week.Now it happened yesterday after i looked at a few txts,so the rebooting is not limited to just opening your contacts,its random commands that trigger it.Just thought I'd throw that out there in case Verizon even cares if this update actually resolved issues with this pos phone.

I still can't believe such a phone was released on the market with all of the issues it has.

If anyone here at Verizon can help me w/the rebooting issue,I sure would appreciate it.I am so disgusted that i'm stuck with this phone for another year and a half.

0 Likes
Davebuff

Lucky you.  Am updated on HW/SW and have had three differenct VZW employees make fixes for me.  Daily Scoop tried to work three times yesterday so I finally turned it off overnight.  Only happens betwee 10:00 p.m. and  3:00 a.m. that I have caught it.  Phone fits my needs but is certainly helping me give Verizon a bad reputation.  Especially bad since it was discovered Spyware has been installed on phones from other companies. 

0 Likes
Davebuff

When I said "lucky you", I meant to Kramer 5150 who had the problem solved with LG Cosmos Touch that many of us still are having problems with.

0 Likes
ashton00

Thank God I'm not the only one.  I have same phone, and the daily scoop comes on even if I have the

phone just laying there.  Light comes on phone, and when I pick up to see why, it's that stupid app!!

I too have tried to remoce, and it won't.  SO since it keeps coming on my battery is dead more than

alive.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
obrnlori

I finally bought a new battery because the daily scoop really took a toll on my first battery.  My phone is still lighting up randomly....just not as often...my newest problem now is that my phone can't open a majority of texts with pic that people send...Verizon claims our phone is only capable of accepting 3500 bytes per message....and the new smart phones etc.. send pic that are 30,000 bytes..so now...I can't receive any pic and this only started a few weeks ago...so...one problem closed..another opens...and I do have a memory card and I have taken battery out as the Verizon rep talked me through it...I just don't want another phone ...and I don't want internet and the other upgrade was to a Pantech something..which I was told to stay away from at any cost....Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

obrnlori wrote:

I finally bought a new battery because the daily scoop really took a toll on my first battery.  My phone is still lighting up randomly....just not as often...my newest problem now is that my phone can't open a majority of texts with pic that people send...Verizon claims our phone is only capable of accepting 3500 bytes per message....and the new smart phones etc.. send pic that are 30,000 bytes..so now...I can't receive any pic and this only started a few weeks ago...so...one problem closed..another opens...and I do have a memory card and I have taken battery out as the Verizon rep talked me through it...I just don't want another phone ...and I don't want internet and the other upgrade was to a Pantech something..which I was told to stay away from at any cost....Smiley Sad

Pantech Crux? We had one of those... Worked great for my son for as long as he has had it.  He ended up getting a Xperia Play, and he enjoys that one more.

0 Likes
stuntmonkey
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is still a problem/major annoyance. I have the non-touch LG cosmos, hopefully the steps mentioned above works to turn it off. Almost at the point of buyout early contract termination and getting new carrier. Do they honestly think people like having all this extra content forced onto our phones? I just want mine for phone, text. Not interent or fluff, that's what the home PC/laptop is for. Wake up verizon!!!

0 Likes
Davebuff

Good luck with turning off Daily Scoop.  A lot of us with LG Cosmos just ignore DScoop and recharge our phone daily.  I got my Cosmos Touch the end of Nov '11 and figure it lit the screen up (on/off) 100 times a a day since then (20 times an hour between 10:00 p.m and 3:00 am every day).  The screen went into failure more (striped lines began appearing) and I got an exchange yesterday.  I did the "turn of Verizon msgs and Other msgs" thing but it made no difference.  I did not try AraceliT_VZWSupport method and will do that if the phone on exchange has the DScoop problem.  Or I may not.  It seems like fun to go in every six weeks for a new phone after the screen fails.  This is problem that any teenage hacker could fix but VZW can't.  It should be an update on the firmware to remove DScoop.  I realize that LG is technically responsible but VZW does sign a contract to approve and buy the phones for resale. 

0 Likes
flyboy2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on my phone. I also tried what Verizon instructed and like everybody else, did not work. Yet Verizon continues to tell us the same thing.

I have emailed Verizon Customer Support and have had no reply. I just filed a complaint with the FCC. There is no reason Verizon can't find a solution. If the App "glitch" doesn't allow it to be turned off, then Verizon should be able to remove it from our phones. If the FCC doesn't get results, I'll file a complaint with the BBB.

J77, you're right. Those of us without a data plan are being charged for Daily Scoop. Charged or not, it's annoying and blocks cell phone usage.

0 Likes
Davebuff

Got my second Cosmos Touch after the screen burnt out on the first one, probably from lighting up with D Scoop about 500o times over a 3 month period.  I downloaded DScoop on this one and then deactivated the message requests both from Verizon and the other one (I believe it is a right click on the message after getting into Options.)  Daily Scoop has not been coming on with this phone.  I had reason to remove the Micro SD card I had installed in it when I received.  This caused the phone to cycle off and then back on after being on for a few minutes.  Put the Micro SD card back in and the phone is now working fine.

0 Likes