Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
Davebuff

Did the update take care of the phone's problems?

0 Likes
wildchild513

Well,i guess i spoke too soon.i had the phone on the charger b/c i'm lucky to get one whole day out of a charge b/c the battery is drained from the phone turning itself on constantly.......i went to my contacts to send a text and the phone rebooted itself...one of the issues SUPPOSEDLY fixed with the update.

looks like i AM STUCK WITH THIS PC OF GARBAGE OF A PHONE FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS.what a bunch of bull.Really p#ssed off right about now.How can they even put this on the market.I will NEVER trust another new phone thru Verizon again.i cant wait until my contract is up.This is one of the most aggravating situations I have ever encountered and NO customer support or justification.

i have been to the verizon store 2x,reset my phone several times,MANUALLY keying in my contacts so that the back up assistant didnt load itself and cause the phone to turn on even more b/c u cant set the frequency of the updates like youre supposed to be able to,enabled a data plan so i could email mobile posse to disable daily scoop.i have gone thru so much to try and have a functioning normal phone and it's still not right.NO CUSTOMER should have to go thru all of this extra **bleep** to try to make thier phone function properly and no one should be force fed apps that cant be deleted and have ads that pop up.why this phone is listed as a NON DATA regular phone is beyond me.

at least it fixed the issue of turning itself on constantly,but what if i was in an emergency situation and i have to deal with the phone rebooting itself.....this is unacceptable.and the sad thing is,NO ONE HERE AT VERIZON EVEN CARES.

Looks like I'm going to have to start spreading the bad news over the web b/c this SUCKS.

0 Likes
kramer5150

Just checked back into this thread for November.  I just downloaded the new software/firmware version VN270ZV5 tonight.

I will post back if it has fixed the random phone lighting and Browse & Download screen appearances.

0 Likes
kramer5150

Phone random lighting and Browse / Download appearances have been solved!!!

I have not had one occurrence since downloading VN270ZV5.

If you phone suffers form this try downloading the latest software/firmware version.  I has worked for me. 

0 Likes
kramer5150

Its now been 4+ days since downloading the updated firmware, and I m happy to report NO screen light or Browse & Download screen occurrences in that time.

I believe Verizon has finally fixed this problem.

My battery life is noticeably LONGer now too.  I have not charged the phone sice 11/23, its now 11/27-PM and I still show a full battery on the charge indicator.

0 Likes
wildchild513

the update did fix the lighting up and browse and download page,BUT for the second time,I went to my contacts list and the phone rebooted itself....so this fix did not completely resolve the issues with this phone..just wait..it will happen to yours.

0 Likes
jesse629

The update does NOT FULLY fix the issue for me as my cellphone still lights up 2 to 3 times around 2am Central Time almost EVERYDAY, and of course it is the notorious Daily Scoop junk, however, the frequency of lighting up does decrese tremendously and the battery life is way longer than before, probably the update does not fully fix your cellphone as well since it lights up at a time that is barely noticeable to the majority of the people. For me, I'll keep observing to see if there are any other time periods.

0 Likes
kramer5150

Its now been 7 days since I downloaded the latest firmware.

In that time I have not had one backlight + Browse/Download appearance.

I am not awake 24/7 so there is the possibility it is still appearing in the middle of the night.  But I do not believe this is the case.  After 7 days with no re-charge, I still have 3/4 battery capacity.  I don't think I would have that much battery reserve if the screen were lighting up.

FWIW... activating my contact list has not rebooted my phone... yet.

The verdict is still out for me, but so far its all good.

0 Likes
Davebuff

I went to the local store which claimed no knowledge of this Daily Scoop problem.  Left after telling them I was joining a class action lawsuit on this Daily Scoop problem (on a Samsung Convoy 2) and that it is commonly known as a problem that they should be aware of.  Watched them behind my back make a phone call as soon as I left.  At the store, they deactivated their computer from requesting that my computer (the cell phone) turn Daily Scoop on.  Then, I made contact on the Daily Scoop web page http://www.vzdailyscoop.com/faqs/   telling them I wanted no data, none, zero, zilch, data requests to or from Daily Scoop and that if I kept receiving requests, I would join the class action lawsuit (there is none that I know of) about invading my privacy by using Daily Scoop as a red herring while they were spying on my voice activities at home.  Got a response within minutes that the Daily Scoop data requests had been turned off and within 24 hours I would not see any requests.  Also, opened Daily Scoop and on the menu turned off requests for data from VZW and Other.  Daily Scoop has not run since one hour after I received the email from the contact at the Daily Scoop webpage.  A few days later, I bought for free on the Xgiving special, an LG Cosmos Touch.  Just simply turning off the message requests from VZW and Other stopped it from turning on Daily Scoop.  

I surmise that Daily Scoop is a red herring to distract you while someone is listening to your conversations at home.  If not, why can't a multi-billion dollar company have CS reps that know about and can help with this problem.  A smart 15 year old could program an off switch for Daily Scoop but VZW and Samsung can't figure it out after months of thousands of complaints.  I suddenly had knowledgeable help after saying I was joining the Class Action lawsuit on invasion of privacy.  Am even more convinced now that I was correct (about one week ago) about the spying with the recent news coming out about collecting data from smart phones.  VZW says it was not them collecting the data illegally but they only helped my after I said I was joining the Class Action lawsuit on invasion of privacy.  Why did they suddenly get smart?  By the way, my firmware updated automatically within five minutes of activating the LG Cosmos Touch.  So, that did not help to stop Daily Scoop.  I have never had the backlight come on by itself so that either fixed the problem or I never had it.

I have twice requested to talk with VZW management about these problems and all I get is a polite chuckle and sympathy with my frustrations at the incompetence in VZW.  They even laughed when I said I understand they customer service is rated the best of all major wireless companies but that I viewed the other as getting a rating of 2 out of 10 and VZW a 3.  So being least rotten is nothing to be proud of.

0 Likes
kramer5150

Its now 12/3  and 10+ days since downloading the latest FW.

-No more random screen lighting

-No more Browse & Download appearances

-I have not recharged my battery in that time, and I still have 50% reserve power, so I do not believe the phone is lighting in the middle of the night.

I consider my case to be closed.

0 Likes