LG G5 now jumping ahead 4 hours
kenjabin
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the second time in a week, I've had alarms/reminders fire off because the time on the phone jumps forward 4 hours. If anyone has words of wisdom please share them.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G5 now jumping ahead 4 hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenjabin, I would be caught off guard by this as well. Let's get this figured out. Is your device set to network time? Click here for instructions: http://spr.ly/6581D0xO3

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have seen this happening on my phone too. Unfortunately I don't have the same model (Pixel) as you (LG G5) so it sounds more like a network issue instead of as device issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the heads up, kenjabin and Ann154. We want to make sure your phone reflects the proper time. 

Does it go back to the correct time, or do you manually have to do that? 

Tamara_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, kenjabin and Ann154. We want to make sure your phone reflects the proper time.

Does it go back to the correct time, or do you manually have to do that?

Tamara_VZW

I had to manually turn off the auto date and then turn it on again for the time to reset itself to the correct time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This occurred to me for the third time and for sure the second time in the same location. I am attaching screen shots of before I turned off the Automatic Date and Time and after I turned it back on again to reset the time to the correct time. This instance was off by 5 hours today.

Screenshot_20180919-001653.png

Screenshot_20180918-191712.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot, Ann154.  May I have the zip code where this has occurred? Did this start after installing any new apps or updates?

Yale_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure if the zip code where I noticing it is where the time change is occurring. I actually noticed it had changed when I briefly looked at my phone while I was driving home yesterday and saw it had changed between work and home. I had probably passed at least a half dozen towers between the two locations. As I was about already half way home  I can definitely say the change occurs between 68102 and 68008. While both locations are in Nebraska, they are close enough to the Iowa state line that I could conceivably have connected to a tower in Iowa too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have installed so many app updates and at least one security update. I'm not sure if any one update could have triggered the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have no idea what I would do if the time on my phone did this. I want to figure out what is going on and get it fixed for you. There are no reported alerts indicating that this is an issue in either zip that you listed. When was the last time the time on your device was correct? Where were you when this happened? When was the last time you updated the software on all of your applications?

Nichole_VZW

0 Likes