Re: LG G5 now jumping ahead 4 hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, thanks for running that Safety Mode test. There's one last thing I would want to check, based on what you shared with the Google App. If you could check to see what the Google App has set for its 'Search Region' when you go through that zip code, it would be helpful.

To check that, you would go into the Google App, select Settings, and then Search Option. There will be a selection for Region, then Search Region. Let us know what you find.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It occurs almost every day I pass by the town associated with 68008 on the way home. I have seen it occur sometimes going to work, but when it does happen on the drive to work it corrects itself. It doesn't correct itself going home.

Location services are definitely on and have been since I activated the phone almost 2 years ago. It is easiest to detect the time changes if I am running an directions trip to keep the screen on for the drive even though I know the route home.

It has been a while since I removed the SIM card. I will reseat it and run it another drive home in Safe Mode to see if it happens again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bop217

I have a similar issue with a small geographic region in my town.  My clock changes to mountain time at the same place everyday and then comes back at the same place.  I have gone through all of the steps in this conversation with no resolution.  I have automatic time zone on and underneath in grey it lists Central Daylight.  When I am in the effected zone in changes to Mountain with the automatic time zone on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the automatic time zone on as well and it stays on the Central Time Zone whenever the change occurs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Google search region is currently set for the "Current Region (default)", but I will have to check it when I go through that specific area.

I did verify it will change the time without any reminders from the Google application active on the screen.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also I installed the October 2018 security updates yesterday and the time change still occurred after the phone rebooted from the security update.

0 Likes
bop217

I am also up to date on patches.  I will see if the location setting changes when I drive through this evening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you be able to rely on the phones  time. Were you able to test the function while in Safe Mode on your way home?

Yale_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We certainly want to see you be able to rely on the phones time. Were you able to test the function while in Safe Mode on your way home?

Yale_VZW

If you had read the entire thread, you would have seen I had run the Safe Mode test. Re: LG G5 now jumping ahead 4 hours

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your time is correct whenever you are traveling. I would feel the same way if my device was changing time zones. With regard to the device when did this start? Do you have Wi-Fi turned on when going through this area? 

Jasper_VZW

0 Likes