LG G7 ThinQ Android updates 2022
SPB1122
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm asking for Verizon to be honest, truthful, and forthcoming with me please.

If need be, send me an email, or text message, or better yet, give me a call.

The fact is that currently, the procedure, practice, and reality of Verizon's business practice; regarding the issue at hand; has been so abysmal (historically, not just this specific instance), that I am very seriously considering taking my 4-5 line account to a competing carrier.  I'm not a new Verizon customer.  The length of years is measure in two digits.  I don't wish to threaten, I realize Verizon does not care about that.  I'm just trying to express, and emphasize, this customer's position, and see if Verizon cares, even one single iota, about that.

Here's what I expect in response to this post.  A canned, pre-typed response, probably from a service rep outside of my home country, that does not even remotely address the issue in question.  Perhaps they'll reference some irrelevant security update from two years ago.  Perhaps they will apologize, saying they will pass the concern on to the appropriate team (who I'll never hear from).  Perhaps they will provide some other  response that sounds very polite, but completely avoids the question.  This question has been asked numerous times before on these forums.  I've read the threads.  Not ONCE has Verizon even come close to SIMPLY ANSWERING THE QUESTION.

I'm not cheap or thrifty.  If you could know me, you would understand.  At the same time, I am no sheep.  I resist buying something new, when I currently have one that works just fine.  When something starts to break down, I'm the consumer that buys a new one, and to be blunt, really doesn't grumble about price.  I'm willing to pay for what I get.  I'm willing to pay MORE for quality product with AS PROMISED support.  Verizon lies in this regard.  You promise support at point of sale (or the manufacturer does).  That support DOES become available from the manufacturer.  But then Verizon chooses to renege on the promise, and simply will NOT PROVIDE THE AVAILABLE SUPPORT.  This is what has me contemplating switching carriers.  I respect honor and ethics.  I despise deception.

To that point:  I bought an LG G7 ThinQ from Verizon on 8/28/18.  Yes, it was 3 years and 7 months ago.  Be clear, I am a 57 year old man.  Mobile phones are NOT a priority in my life, they are a necessary CONVIENIENCE.  The phone continues to work flawlessly to this day.  Tell me please; WHY SHOULD I BUY A NEW PHONE IF THE ONE I HAVE STILL WORKS FINE?  This concept of needing the most current model is a marketing ploy that I will not buy in to, regardless of how much todays "sheep" society seems to.  I paid a premium for the LG G7ThinQ partly because long term updates were promised.  It was a feature that held VALUE for me; as your customer.  That feature was presented by YOU, VERIZON.  It appears that that feature presentation was AN OUTRIGHT LIE.  THIS is my objection.  If Verizon had simply said it was Android 8, then all would be fine.  However, they didn't do that; LG, and Verizon, pitched the phone as having long term update support, including the next TWO Android version updates.  LG has lived up to the pitch.  Updates ARE available for Android 10, and apparently Android 11.  VERIZON.....VERIZON....VERIXON  has apparently chosen NOT to extend those updates to their customers.  I.E. your competitor; T-Mobile did extend the update (estimate 1.5 - 2 YEARS AGO).

Is Verizon going to offer the available LG/Google Android 10, and Android 11 updates for the LG G7 ThinQ? ANSWER YES OR NO. If so, specifically WHEN will those updates be made available? PROVIDE A DATE.

Enough of my rant.  I've made the point enough that anyone with a working knowledge of the matter will be able to reply with MINIMAL research.  Look at my account.  I can't say exactly how long I have been a Verizon customer. It has been more than 10 years.  It may be substantially more.  I'm not going to take the time to look.  You do that.  I currently have four lines on the account.  I've had more for most of my history (people die).  Check my payment history.  I auto pay, and have NEVER paid a bill late.  I should be what Verizon considers a PERFECT CUSTOMER.  Is this of value to Verizon?  If so, it is now time for Verizon to show me that I am valued as a customer.  If you can't do that, then I suppose I must seek that value elsewhere.  Can you not understand that?

Your response is CRITICAL to retaining me as a customer.  Before a standard service rep answers this post, may I suggest this be passed up to a senior supervisor who is capable of comprehending, and having the authority to actually respond appropriately? There have been FAR too many NON-ANSWERS provided to this question over the past TWO YEARS.  Either provide a valid answer, or...

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Android updates 2022
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand where you're coming from. You want an answer to when a new update will be available for your phone. If we had anyway to provide you with that answer, we certainly would. It is not a piece of information that has been provided to us (the agents) or to any supervisor in our department. It's not a piece of information we any avenue for finding it out or we certainly would. It's something that we are told to wait until we're given information that a new update is coming. We wish we had more information available. We just don't right now. If you're having any type of technical issues that may be caused by not having the update, please let us know. We will do whatever we can to help you with it.  *Melissa

0 Likes
SPB1122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Melissa, how do I contact a person who CAN answer the question?  The update(s) exist. SOMEONE at VERIZON is intentionally holding them back. I want to hear from THAT person. How do I contact them, or have them contact me?

0 Likes
SPB1122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon did NOT answer my question.

In fact, Verizon REFUSES to answer the question, or even address the issue, for ALL the users who have asked about it.  I am NOT the only one who has asked.  Multiple users have asked.

For YEARS now.

Verizon absolutely IGNORES the issue in all senses of the word. EVERY TIME.

Absolutely shameful.

ducttape
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been years and still nothing. I have apps that cannot update now. Verizon is terrible and will be losing me too.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!