LG VX500
lynn2009
I have a new LG VX5500. I charged the new phone as indicated before first use. I have had this phone for one month. Everyday, it shows I have two bars left in the charge. Is this normal? If I don't charge it every morning, it dies by evening. I leave the phone on 24/7, as it is my only phone. Maybe a bad battery? Other than that, it is a great phone. Thanks everyone.
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG VX500
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may just be a bum battery.  There are several online battery vendors where you can get OEM batteries for reasonable prices, and free and fast shipping.  I usually order an extra to have on hand anyway, and you can try swapping them and see if you have better results.

Another possibility is a bum charger.  You can take it to a Verizon store and see if they will swap out the charger to determine if that is the problem.

0 Likes
lynn2009
Thanks SuzyQ. My son had the same problem with his new phone and bought a new battery. I will do that, although it's too bad, I paid $200.00 for a new phone and got a bum battery. Such is life, I guess. Thanks for your repsonse.
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is within the first 30 days, I would also try to have Verizon replace the battery - IMO, the battery should be part of the warranty, and a brand new battery that won't hold a charge is defective.  But I would also get a spare battery as well, it's just one of those things I do!

Good luck!

0 Likes
lynn2009
You are the best SuzyQ! I will definitely check my purchase date. I appreciate you girl.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

SuzyQ wrote:

If it is within the first 30 days, I would also try to have Verizon replace the battery - IMO, the battery should be part of the warranty,

Good news! The battery and charger ARE part of the same 1yr warranty that the phone has. So yes, if the phone was purchased within the last 12 months and it's nearly dead at the end of the day you can have it swapped out if needed. I would suggest taking the phone into the store and they can test what is causing the issue. It could be any of the pieces, the phone, the battery or the charger. So the store can test it and replace which ever piece they need to.

Good luck!

Message Edited by nmchileman on 08-10-2009 02:34 PM
0 Likes
lynn2009
nmchileman, thank you so much for this information. I will take it into the nearest store and have it checked out. I really loved my LG, but it is distressing to have to charge it everyday. Especially since my old lady brain isn't what it used to be. I left my wall charger at my sister's one night and the next morning my LG was dead! Very sad. Have a great day!
0 Likes