Re: LTE Data Network overloaded in my area?
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are on an 8GB plan and have used almost 3 GB so far. Plus we have lots of carry over data availabl.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tefranz,

I am excited to see that a Trouble Ticket was opened on your behalf. This will help to get to the bottom of the troubles. Have you received any updates yet?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I received several text updates. A technician is assigned and working the issue. Thanks for following up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tekfranz,

That is certainly great to hear. Please let us know how everything goes. We want to make sure that you are taken care of.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The trouble ticket was closed with an explanation of this being a Marginal Area.

This can't be correct because I have been informed that i live within 2-3 miles of 4 towers with additional ones available further. So calling it a Marginal Coverage area is not correct.

Also the Upload speeds are fine but not the downloads. Why would there be a discrepancy between the two?

Also why is it that evenings it is slow and mornings is fast.

It seems like it is a capacity issue if anything.

0 Likes
MRGREGORYTOMPKINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening all around my area too. They say I'm in a "marginal coverage area" when I call to complain. Seriously thinking of bailing and going to AT&T so much for we're the network built for unlimited! It's totally slow all day long every day here and when I say slow oftentimes less than 1mbps down which is practically unusable. Even radio apps struggle to work. It's getting worse every day. I'm very disappointed with Verizon:-(

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tekfranz,

I can certainly see how this is this not the outcome that you were expecting. Coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. In this area, you may have trouble making a phone call or using your service. There are always changes that impact our Network, some are controllable and others may not be.

0 Likes
Joey_1979

Is it summer or winter time?  Being a licensed radio operator I can tell you that the distance that a cell phone can operate is dependent on the season and time of day.  The higher the bandwidth (ie cell phone(s)), has a shorter distance the signal will travel vs a VHF band.  The angel of the sun to the earth is changed in the summer time to become greater than the summer.  This is reason that you will notice that the sun seems to be brighter at sunset in the winter time, but is a lot easier to get a sun tan in the summer time.  The sun will reflact and absorb the radio frequency emoting from your phone (which isn't even 1 watt to start with).  The only ways to disrupt a radio beam is by a absorption, flection, or refraction.  So we know that the panal on the side of the tower will absorb the radio wave (which is what you want). We have no mirrors to reflect it (so that's out the question), so the only thing left is refraction by the atmospheric conditions.  This is the same principal as why TV towers and radio towers will cut back their wattage at night time (so they don't interfere with radios and TVs on the same frequency  far away).  So check again in a completely different season and see if you see a difference.  I am willing to say that your issue is being caused in the summer time. 

0 Likes