LTE Home Internet Available in Every Zip Code around me, but not in mine. Verizon - take my money - I want this service!
ABinIowa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was very excited to see yesterday's announcement of LTE home internet expansion across the country - especially to rural areas, because I live in a rural area where there are ZERO options for my household...not even for satellite.

I put in my address into the service finder and got a message that LTE home internet through Verizon is not available for me yet. Then I dig up a list of zip codes near me, and it's literally in the zip codes west, east and south of me. I'm basically on the south end of a zip code that doesn't have it, but the zip code half a mile south of me does have it. I'm quite sure the devices don't just stop working based on the zip code - so who can I talk to about trying to get the service? When I try the chat function all they can do is look up my address and tell me no - so I need some help with more authority. Verizon - take my money - I want this service! You will have an easy paying customer here if we can get this figured out. I'm a very long time customer yet I cannot find anyone who can help me out on this one.

Tags (1)
Re: LTE Home Internet Available in Every Zip Code around me, but not in mine.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very excited about the new expansion to the LTE Home Internet, and are happy to help any way we can. Address verification is required for this service. Let's access your account and check your home address.To authenticate your account please confirm your first and last name, review the following, and then click the link after "Authenticate here": Please ensure you are not already logged in to My Verizon before attempting authentication.

If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (www.facebook.com/about/privacy / www.twitter.com/privacy).

CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.

Verizon protects your info and does not share info that identifies you personally outside of Verizon except with your consent and as otherwise disclosed in our privacy policy. Your choice here does not affect your Verizon services. To learn more, visit our information collection and privacy policy at verizon.com/privacy.

By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, in Messenger and Direct Message. To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.

Authenticate here: http://spr.ly/6008G0gaq .

0 Likes
ABinIowa
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I click on the link, I get a message that says the link is "no longer valid." Can I get a new link to try? Thanks! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies this needed to be sent in a private note. I will send you a private note now. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Kp06810
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you help me as well?  I have the same issue. I want the LTE home internet. My area is shown on the coverage map and my zip code liste . But when I plug in my address it says it's not available. I've tried to chat with Verizon, but no one seems to even know what I'm talking about. We even stopped into a Verizon Wireless store today and again, no one in the store had even heard of this. 

D3MONKID12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to figure out the same thing 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kp06810, I am saddened that no one was able to assist you with this. Have you tried to speak to our Telesales team on the phone? They are the ones who usually will set up the order and installation of services for our LTE Home Internet. Their contact information is below:

800-256-4646
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri8:00AM - 2:00AM ET
Sat8:00AM - 12:00AM ET
Sun9:00AM - 10:00PM ET

As far as why it is not available at your address, but is available in your ZIP Code, that is a very good question, since it relies on cell towers to provide you an internet signal. My initial guess is that it may be too far away for a reliable signal; however, our Telesales team can truly determine if we can provide this service to you. - ErichC_VZW
0 Likes
bear350
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Verizon and have had it since 1998 and the Verizon Tower I can see out my window it's maybe a mile from me.  I have 4G LTE service and it's always been great.  We are looking into home internet seems our usage is high and we are now using a Tower that connects with a provider I get a 20ms ping time and unlimited at 20MBs down and 5MBS up it's okay but I would like to have it through Verizon and one bill.  

Don't get me wrong I love the service we have now but It's the only service as I am rural address,  I hear folks in my area say they also have a 5g phones here and they work here too.  I really believe that It's available here but say's it's not for my home. I did put my address into the notify me when it's here but I really believe it is now but Verizon did not update it yet.

There's also 3 fiber lines running in my area but we have no access to them for some odd reason although I know one is Black Fiber the other Verizon uses one and the others AT&T I certainly don't want to make a switch to the other service but who ever gets to me first is going to get my business and I pay my bills on time every month and it's quite a bit of cash which I don't mind seems their service is great here.  

I believe that you should send this email to Corp, Office so they can get on the ball before someone steals good paying customer in a rural area.  I cannot for the life of me understand why Verizon and all those others are making sure that their service is up and running in the bigger cities and not caring much if the service in the smaller communities are serviced.

I am signed into my account on this site and am asking if someone can Please Help me with this. I would ever go to Fiber if you could let us in this area use that, I don't understand the whys, where, and whats.   but I am sure Verizon is servicing Our area for Home Internet but shows it is not.  yet I have LTE on my phone and my old JETPACK.

Oh about 1998 it was Altel then Nextel now Verizon but I've been a long paying Customer since then and will continue to be unless one of those others become available first.  It's very Important for us to have Unlimited home internet and we are paying 35.00 per month now for what I stated above but would switch to Verizon in a second if they can figure out why in the heck it shows not available here when I am about 99.9 % sure it is.

Thanks Verizon for any help you can give me and will continue to be a good happy Verizon Customer.  Please feel Free to forward this to CORP. office if that will help us out in this 49855 area. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, bear350! We value your long-standing loyalty and want you to remain connected, especially when you need it most! I understand you've checked your home address for LTE Home Internet coverage here: http://spr.ly/6606HrSQQ and it's still not available. LTE Home internet is new, and we're still working on expanding coverage. If your address is showing as not available, we would need to allow additional time for coverage to be made available for your specific address. We do offer 5G Home Internet. Is this something you're interested in considering? You can use the link here: http://spr.ly/6607HrSQv by entering your home address to see if it's available for your area.

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
wmpratt
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue is the zip code list says its in my area but the its not at my address. I live just 6 miles outside of Maryland's second largest city, 40 miles from Baltimore, 50 miles from DC and we never got Fios, 5G home isn't coming. Its like Verizon comes out with these grand plans and it never completes them. I'm trying hard not to go to Comcast (they're pure evil). is LTE home internet a another pipe dream for my area?

0 Likes