LTE Internet and HOME PHONE UNIT
tmerlo

Is the Verizon Internet and Home Phone unit considered a Hotspot for purposes of the new Unlimited Plan? And is it capped at 10G per month under the plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Internet and HOME PHONE UNIT
dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears so. I've got it and am capped at 10 gig for the first time 2 mos after getting the unlimited plan. This is different than what the sales team at the store told me at time of upgrade. I'm going in this weekend to the verizon store to give them a chance to correct this before I commence small claims action under my states consumer protection laws.

0 Likes
tmerlo

I am in the exact same situation after 2 months of not being capped in the unlimited plan.  I spent over an hour on the phone with a Verizon tech person today who was trying to elevate my major concern and was told I would receive a call back later in the day. The return call never happened. Will try further tomorrow.  Very frustrated with miss information!

0 Likes
dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was actually "capped" or de-prioritized after 22 gigs during the first two months, but that was only during peak times and dropped down to an acceptable 2Mbps. This all matched with how smartphones are handled and how I was told the LTE Home internet would work. Now I'm lucky to get 200kbps around the clock. Talk about bait and switch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmerlo -

Thank you for reaching out and bringing your concerns to our attention. This is something I've been made aware of and have sent feedback on already. You are correct, the Internet and Home phone device is considered a mobile hot spot. Mobile hot spots have 10GB of 4G data and unlimited 3G data.

I absolutely apologize for any incorrect information provided to you or any other customer through us. That was certainly never our goal. Please let me know what I can do to further assist you.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes