Lack Of Customer Service
Deepc5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal Verizon customer, with little or no complaints. I didn't even mind pay more for "better and more reliable service". With my past experience for the 2 months I am a big advocate for leaving them and going back to my old carrier. It would be a lot cheaper,  there would be a lot less aggravation. I recently purchased my iPad Air 64GB from Verizon. The iPad had some technical issues, I reluctantly shipped it back to Verizon to be repaired or changed. I express to technician I live by 2 Apple Store. After being assured the turn around time would be a nominal week I mailed my iPad to Verizon's warehouse in Texas. Verizon has had my iPad for well over 4 weeks, I have called in to speak with them every other day to get a status update. Every time I call I receive a different answer, the responses vary from the warehouse doesn't have it. I have a tracking number showing it was signed and delivered. The iPad is on back order, I called back 30 minutes later and someone else informed me they were not on back order. We will ship you one at the end of the week, well 4 weeks have come and gone since this promise was made. Then once a week during my call they transfer me to Apple technical support. To oblige Verizon I explain the circumstances and apple technicians are shocked and confused how they can troubleshoot/diagnosis a product which is in Verizon's possession. I have spoken to 10-15 "supervisors" who all claim they will call me back within a day or so. I have yet to have a "supervisor" return a call to provide me with a status update. I hate to call in every other day for and update, which I need to do since NO "SUPERVISORS" call me back. It is the typical thing explain the circumstances have the first technician read to notes wait on hold for and hour as they research this. All of this is being done so they can then transfer me to a supervisor who make empty promises to call me back and never does.  I am sick and tired of spending 6-7 hours on the phone with Verizon every week in order to get MY product back. I have explained at this point I DO NOT want my product fix I want it to simply be return and I will bring it to Apple myself especially considering it was only 3 months old and still covered under Apple Care. I can and have called Verizon a few times a day so I can confirm the "story" I was told by the prior technician with out fail they cannot confirm anything and offer a different story or circumstance with every phone call. I have no problem with pulling my 6 Lines and go elsewhere, it would be a lot cheaper and the other carriers would buy me out of my contracts, I cannot do so until I receive my iPad back.  I pay monthly for a product which is not in my possession for a service which I am unable to use. The best solution I have received is a discounted rate, what good is a discounted rate if I cannot use the product because Verizon has it. Luckily the company I work for of 500 people also has discounted rates with the other major carriers. Get your act together, customer service my name is to service the customer not give the, the run around. I am not asking for the impossible, rather something which should be acceptable practice with any company.

Labels (1)
Re: Lack Of Customer Service
terriejenkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I myself had bad customer service experience more than once today. Chat & customer service. The phone I ordered that was supposed to be shipped overnight was shipped fedex2day. What kind of crap is this?????

vej1559
Enthusiast - Level 1

You got to chat with someone.  Wow, I'm impressed because I've been trying to get someone for the last hour and have gotten nowhere.  I've been a loyal customer for 10 years and usually haven't had any problems but I'm about to end this association today because the customer service has declined so much.  I also ordered a phone but never received it because FedEx returned it to the shipper when I wasn't there to sign for it (this was a new policy change and I wasn't aware that I needed to miss work to get a new phone).  Now I'm being billed $32.10 for a "free" phone I never received and they won't take the charge off my account.  And since I'm not able to contact customer service to try once again to resolve the issue, I guess I'll have to wait until one of their snotty, pseudo-superior representatives contacts me to say that my account is overdue by $32.10 and makes promises to check into the problem but never do.  It really is time for a new carrier...

0 Likes
Gbhcuh

store location

24920 N Lake Pleasant Pkwy,Ste 107
Peoria
AZ 85383

Sent from my iPad

I had a horrible experience last night, I went to renew my 2yr plan and get a droid turbo I wanted to take advantage of the $100 off by turning in a smartphone but the one I brought in was not up to par so I ran home to get a different one. I returned right at 8 and the doors were locked even tho customers were inside, they knew I was rushing back to try to get the deal done but they locked the doors and told me that they can't unlock them, I was frustrated because they knew I was coming back and as I sat in my truck they opened the doors to let the customers that were Inside, out. I know that I was there at closing and that's not fun for the employees but it was only because I had to go home to try and get a suitable smartphone to get the $100 off, I just have a hard time with me wanting to sign for another 2yr contract and buy a phone and getting treated like that when they knew I was coming back and it was going to be close on time. I have been up to resign a new contract for the last 4months because I wasn't sure if I was going to stay with Verizon, well when I decided I was it was pretty crappy to be treated like that, and to top it off the gentlemen who was helping me and knew I was running home to get a different phone to turn in sat with a smile on his face(not in a good way) while I stood by the locked front door.

Just thought I would let you all know how customers are being treated

0 Likes
curtpelky1

Last year I had an LG phone that quit making or recieving calls. I took the phone to my local Verizon store to have them troubleshoot it. At one point, the employee behind the counter removed my SIM card, placed it into a Galaxy to verify that it was working, and it was. The SIM card was removed and placed back into my broken phone. Since then, Verizon is insisting that I purchased that Galaxy and has been hounding me since.

Now, it seems to me that when you do replace a phone on your account, that you can look at the EID, MIN, etc online.

I am willing to bet that if I could talk to an actual person at Verizon, that had 1/2 a brain, I could have them look up the EID/MIN and find the person who actually has it and get this monkey off of my back. I am tired or Verizon. We have been with them for over a decade, and the last 5 years or so have been miserable. Our problems are never resolved, the bill only goes up, they are rude, I could go on.

I filed a complaint with the BBB today to try to get some resolution. My wife have been having problems with her iPhone, again, the run around, no resolution. She was excited because Verizon said that they would call her back last week with a resolution about her issues at least. All she got was a survey wanting to know how the customer service experience was. Well, DUH!,....awful.

We are going to switch carriers. There are so many offers right now it is just too easy to make this decision. Yes, Verizon has the biggest network, maybe the fastest speeds, they also have the worst customer service.

I would have preferred to stay with them, but, even I can see that it is time to leave.

0 Likes
jnh360
Enthusiast - Level 1

where has Verizon's customer service went.  They are useless and unwilling to help. I am currently attempting to find another provider and while speaking with the other providers I can already tell a difference with their customer service, they are willing to go above and beyond to keep there customers.  I have been with Verizon since 2001 and this past year has been the worst, they don't care about your issues and don't believe your problems and could care less if you stay with them or not and the funny thing is I have been trying to get my issue fixed since November 2014 and its now May 2015

0 Likes
solsurfer

your right horrible customer service, i have been on the internet for 3 days with no results, i had purchased a smartphone for my wife, i received confirmation that the transaction had gone through, when i didn't receive the phone after 3 days i went and checked out the tracking # the phone had not been shipped, once i did get through to anyone they passed me around like a hot potato and nothing even got accomplished, right now i'm on the phone with them for the last 3 hours, i would never recommend verizon to anyone, i have been a customer since 1999 and now i have to consider going elsewhere after all these years, its funny that when your company gets large enough the worst your treated, i have since cancelled the phone purchase, and as soon as i can get another service i am out of here

0 Likes
jegjr

Well I m happy to see that I m not the only one having a problem with lack of customer service from Verizon I too have been having a problem with my Home internet 4G LTE router it keeps going out and not able to access internet call customer support  get run around and passed around from one person to another. I finally solved problem myself by going on to router web site reboot router myself problem got solved. as soon my phones edge contract paid I'm finally going give Verizon up go to some other carrier been a Verizon customer 15+years but fed up last straw . Verizon just does not care about there customer at all. more about the  money they can steal from there cstomers

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF we all changed internet carriers every time our router needed a reboot, we would be switching weekly. 

Solsurfer , I have always gone into the store to get my phones.  Too many stories of packages stolen off door steps for my taste.

steveiversen

I have a comment on service and quality. I have 10 units on my plan. Earlier this week, my 6 month old Apple I 5 stopped working while in a texting conversation with a customer. After doing some troubleshooting with the on line assistance, I spent 70 minutes on the phone with Verizon. The rep determined I needed to go to a different location for a different Wi Fi signal to reset my phone. I did that. She took control of my phone and computer and erased everything. She tried unsuccessfully several times to reactivate the phone and it would not work.  She then told me to go to a Verizon store. The first two would not give me the time of day, when they found out it was a warranty deal. The third store was a Verizon in Maple Grove, MN. While the sales rep that helped me was nice, he was in way over his head. I spent an hour while he made many attempts with the tech support on the phone. I even offered to buy a cheap phone at retail, so I would have a working phone while they worked on mine and then keep it as a backup. The rep told me it was a bad idea and not necessary.  They determined I had to go to another location with Wi Fi and a land line, so they could resolve the problem. This would be the 5th location. I decided to go home. The tech support called at the agreed time on the land line - and assured me she would resolve it, I told her nicely that if they cannot fix it, I would have to go buy another phone somewhere and port the number, regardless of the cancelation fee. After her loading and erasing multiple programs on my computer send at least 12 attempts to reactivate the phone, she said it had to be Apple’s fault. She got Apple on line and assured me Apple would have it figured out in no time. I asked her to stay on line with us to make certain it was done and she said she couldn’t. The Apple rep said we had already done everything he would have done, so he needed to “escalate” it to a senior tech. He said he needed to put me on hold. I asked him to take my land line number so he could call if we became disconnected, which I assumed would happen. At this point, I was certain the rep wanted to get rid of me just like the previous Verizon reps and make it someone else’s problem.

After he took my call back number, he placed me on hold. After a few minutes we were magically disconnected and he never returned the call. I called Verizon again and asked what my buy-out was. I was going to port all lines over as the people had time to go in and get set up. He went over the problem again and said the previous rep was wrong to get Apple involved, because it was the phone. He assured me that he would have a replacement shipped yet that day and I would receive it by 10:30 AM central time. I told him I could not afford to take a chance and needed to know for sure. He “guaranteed me” it would arrive in the AM. He was on the west coast and it was about 4:30 PDT. When I got to the coffee shop on my way to the office the next morning, I checked emails for tracking info. There was one from 9:50 PM confirming the order and said I would be notified when it shipped. I started to panic, I got to my office about 6:45 and checked again. There was nothing. I called 1-800-VERIZON. It was before they opened and the recording still said “we are receiving heaver call volume than normal so wait times may be longer”. A few minutes later the auto attendant got around to saying they would be available at 7:00 AM.  I was on the phone for 75 minutes with a very nice lady. It took her 30 minutes to find the order from the previous day and several more to determine it had not shipped. The rep from the previous day obviously lied about shipping it. I told her the story, she was apologetic (they are good at apologizing). I told her I must have my phone prior to an 11:00 AM meeting which was about 30 miles away. She said she would try to find a store that was willing to give me a loaner. She said she would call a downtown Minneapolis store and call the office back to let me know what they said. I told her the only other option was to do it at the last store I had been the previous day –tight when they open at 10:00. I said I had to be out by 10:30 to get to my meeting. She never called back. I went to the Maple Grove, MN a few minutes before they opened and was the first one in. I told the manager my story and he offered a loaner. It was a 3G I phone 4 with a completely dead battery. He was nice, worked fast, but had to charge it for a few minutes before it could be programmed. I left in time to make my meeting. The phone was in rough shape, but it worked. The store kept my defective phone as collateral. The following morning (Friday) my replacement phone arrived. I went to Maple Grove to get it programed and return the loaner. The end of a 3 day nightmare was near. I left the store finally able to connect fully with customers, staff, family and friends. Later in the day, I found out the hot spot does not work. It will send a signal, but will disconnect as soon as I try to log on to my computer using the phone’s hot spot. Three days of running around, being dumped onto another person rather than fix the problem and my “new phone” was defective. I have not decided what to do. I will either get another one, or cancel and move to a company with better customer service. Yes, Verizon has the best coverage. However, I would rather have the company with the best customer service, even if it means paying more or having less of a home area. It is the worst customer service experience I have had my entire professional life. It should not matter how much you spend, but my bill is between $550 and $800 per month depending on what extras are purchased that month. I, like all paying customers deserve decent customer service. Their only selling point is coverage. Please don’t ever go into a franchise store. If you must go to a store, make sure it is corporate, where you at least have a chance.

Kind regards,

Steve Iversen

0 Likes