Lack of fraud detection practices?
SRS773

Verizon allows existing customer accounts to have fraudulent accounts attached to them and you will never know it.  In my case they allowed a residential service to be opened up, attached to my account, with a secondary billing address that turned out to be the address of a hotel.  There was no way to see this attached account through any billing received, nor via logging into the website.  I was made aware of this when I tried to purchase a new phone, and was told I had an account that was written off to collections.  And, until I could prove myself innocent, there was nothing else they could do for me.  I have now spent no less than 10 hours of my own time proving my innocence, with half of that being put on hold endlessly by customer service and the fraud department.  The best part of this was that I was provided the billing address of the attached account, and within 5 seconds I had googled it, and determined that it was an address of a hotel.  They had never even done this themselves.  There is no excuse for Verizon not deploying a basic lookup to an address database to catch this type of scenario.  Needless to say, through all of my interactions over this ordeal, Verizon has not once accepted responsibility for this, nor offered to try and make this right for me as a customer.  Verizon caused this situation, they force the customer to prove themselves innocent, and if you don't do the work for them, they will allow your credit report to be damaged.  From a corporate perspective, I am sure Verizon has a purpose statement, or goal, that relates to Trust and a Customer First focus, and this experience is an absolute violation of both of these principles. Best of all, they don't care about the customer, and whether they retain them.  Thank you for destroying a 14 year relationship, and showing how you truly value your customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes