Large Dead zone in middle of Denver Metro area
DCSport
Enthusiast - Level 1

There's a large area near my friend's neighborhood that is a dead zone for both Verizon and AT&T. It is a heavily populated neighborhood area with a large school even by there in Denver. Their address [removed]. I noticed when navigating there and making a wrong turn, my phone wouldn't update because of the dead zone outside their neighborhood. Inside the neighborhood is even worse even outside (sometimes no service at all or useless 1X). I'd say the zone of streets to look at would be Dartmouth on the south, Quebec on the west, Yale on the north, and Syracuse on the east.

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Large Dead zone in middle of Denver Metro area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to learn that you are having service trouble in Denver, CO. Cell phones have become an indispensable part of our lives. I know I rely on mine daily. Dead-zones are challenging, DCSport. Coverage may vary due to a variety of reasons such as construction, population, distance to cell site, and much more. I did check the zip code you provided. We do not have any reported outages or network issues at this time. I would like to gather a few more details to help pinpoint the issue for you. When did the service issues begin in that location? How are the other services (calls, texts) while there? Do you get better service outdoors vs indoors over there?

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DCSport
Enthusiast - Level 1

It isn't an outage issue, just not proper coverage in the area. It has been this way since they moved there a couple of years ago. Indoors you can barely get any calls done; outdoors you can get a call completed but absolutely no data coverage (only 1X outdoors). Even driving on the streets next to their neighborhood I only had 1X. That's pretty unacceptable for a company we pay a premium to be on for their leading coverage, especially in such a large city! I actually get better LTE at my house and it is in the middle of nowhere with trees all around.

Speaking of my house, it would be nice if we could get better coverage up and down Meridian Road in NE Colorado Springs (zip 80908). I lose all coverage just north of Ayer Road when traveling north on Meridian Road, and don't gain it back until I'm halfway into my neighborhood (Pole Pine Pt is the entrance to my neighborhood, off Meridian Road). That's about a 3+ mile stretch of no coverage at all (dropped calls, maybe occasional 1X but not reliable enough to stay on a call). I know there's a tower off Hodgen but that is way up there, so i think there should be a tower added somewhere along Meridian Road to keep coverage since  that is a pretty main road in the area.

0 Likes
DCSport
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, how do you edit a post? I can't find a way for it to let me do that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand getting the most out the cost of your monthly service.  Verizon has several options available to make sure you get the highest quality coverage in these situations. If available, you can enable HD Voice, which provides even better call quality over Verizon's LTE network. What’s the make and model of your device?

Please run this speed test in those above locations and share with us your download and upload speeds: http://openspeedtest.com

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DCSport
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have HD voice enabled. I use an iPhone X and my wife has an iPhone 7. My two friends that were traveling with me over there also have iPhone X phones with Verizon and none of us will get LTE there, so I can't even do a speedtest anyhow.

I still don't see the actions button you speak of to edit my post. I see it under my replies, but not the original post. Even the Actions buttons under my replies don't actually give me any options. Just says "no actions are available" when I click it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCSport,

Thank you for the details. Let's dive deeper into this issue. How far do you have to travel before service improves? Please provide us with speed test when you can. Also, have you ever been able to use data in this area? Any issues with calls or messages in this area?

Juan_VZW

0 Likes
DCSport
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi sorry for the delay, I hadn't been to my friend's area in a while but did this last weekend.

In my friend's neighborhood, I can't even get a good enough signal to connect to the internet so I cannot get any speed test started. I got good speeds in one area on the main road (Dartmouth), but actually got pretty bad speeds around the corner when at a restaurant at the main intersection there at Yosemite and Jefferson in Denver. I only got 1.24 Mbps download/0.17 upload there.

As for the dead spot area near my home, I lose internet connectivity (and even call signal; drops any calls I'm on), on Meridian Road, just south of Latigo Blvd and have no signal pretty much all the way north to Hodgen Road.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not a problem, DCSport. The speeds that you have mentioned are not up to standards, so I am determined to get to the root cause of the signal issues in your friend's neighborhood. I have sent you a message to your inbox to grab the exact address to check into the coverage for the exact location. Please reply to me there.

Akane_VZW

0 Likes
Jesspike94
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the status on this? I live in this region and have no coverage in my home. I haven’t had coverage in this whole region since moving here 2 years ago. 

0 Likes