Large zone of no service at Lake Holiday in Crawfordsville, IN :(
gegadsgsdfgdfgsd

Hello,

Can you have your team responsible for effective coverage look into why the well established Lake Holiday development 5 miles southwest of Crawfordsville, IN in Montgomery County has such extremely poor service. I don't understand why a strong signal is found a mile or two in any direction, yet this lake development of hundreds of homes has terrible coverage. Montgomery county is a fairly rural county, but this concentration of homes has such poor coverage.  I visit my elderly parents in [Removed] Crawfordsville, IN 47933 all the time, but never have signal. EVER. Even though my parents have two cell phones on a Verizon plan, and are paying for unlimited calling with their Verizon phones, they cannot use them at their residence.  Instead, they are spending tons of money every month on the old AT&T landline for long distance to call their out of town family.  Please have someone look into boosting signal into this populated area.... You would have hundreds, in not thousands, of fans and probably new customers if you were to solve this problem.  Thank you.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Large zone of no service at Lake Holiday in Crawfordsville, IN :(
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gdfgdfgdsfgdsfgsd,

We always want to provide all of our customers with the level of service they deserve. I would love to get some additional details and see what can be done. I sent you a private message so we can do so. Please respond when possible so we can help.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gegadsgsdfgdfgsd

Hello,

Their address is [Removed] Crawfordsville, IN 47933. They have zero service inside the house. If you walk arounf their large yard, occasionally you will see 1-bar only briefly (seconds) before it drops to no service again. Definitely not enough to complete a call even out in the yard.

Michael

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Note on cellular coverage:

"COVERAGE DISCLAIMER

These Coverage Locator depictions apply to the following calling plans:
National Calling Plans, Mobile Broadband and Prepaid.

International rates for voice and data will apply.

These maps are not a guarantee of coverage and contain areas of no service, and are a general prediction of where rates apply based on our internal data. Wireless service is subject to network and transmission limitations, including cell site unavailability, particularly near boundaries and in remote areas. Customer equipment, weather, topography and other environmental considerations associated with radio technology also affect service and service may vary significantly within buildings. Some information on service outside the Verizon Wireless proprietary network, and we can not vouch for its accuracy."

Being a "rural lake community", this area would appear to fall into the "remote area" category. If your parents don't have service in their residence, there are some things they can do.

1 - They can research other providers to determine if another provider has better service in their residence.

2 - Many devices have wifi calling capabilities now. If they have a device with that capability and they have broadband internet service in their residence, they could get a wifi router with which they would be able to make calls via wifi.

0 Likes
gegadsgsdfgdfgsd

Your answer sounds like a canned corporate response and is of no help whatsoever. What I was hoping to see was a response stating that coverage, signal strength, tower placement .... something... would be looked into or investigated.  But instead you jist retyped a canned script. Worthless.

0 Likes
gegadsgsdfgdfgsd

And Lake Holiday is not an isolated rural lake community. As a crow flies, their house is only 5 miles from Crawfordsville, IN. Hardly isolated. Look it up on google maps!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I did look it up on Google Maps before I made my original reply. Furthermore, I never said it was isolated. I said it was a "rural lake community" which would appear to fall into the "remote area" as stated in the coverage map disclaimer and is EXACTLY what it looks like in Google maps.

Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear, doesn't make the response "canned". I pointed out MULTIPLE options your parents SHOULD take and which may very well solve their situation of being able to make calls in their home. Do your parents have broadband cable in their home? Another option would be to get a VoIP service in order to have a landline option which DIDN'T cost "tons of money".

Simply because your write "concentration of homes" does not make it any less remote.

Finally, it can take YEARS to get the necessary permits from local/state governments in order to erect additional towers, especially in "remote" areas due to the tactics many environmental activists put into place. Being a "lake community"(i.e. people wanting a bit of peace and quite in a remote area surrounded by nature), it would not be a stretch to think there may be quite a few who would not be as happy to see man made towers ruining the landscape so you can get your cellular signal.

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon does have the best overall coverage, but occasionally I also encounter areas with poor or no reception.  If I can connect to wifi, use what's app to call a cell #. I can usually get a text to go through (if not on cell network, always wifi)  I then message the person I would like to talk to with a landline contact # and have then call me.  Incoming landline calls are free! 

0 Likes