Last time with Verizon since I'm getting T-Mo Service at VZ prices
nolongerhappycamper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Posting in an open forum because phone just dropped call and I'm fed up with run around after run around after run around. My son is on his fourth phone (only in the last few months) but I made mine last the almost the entire two years (Both Droid Charges, wish I had learned earlier). Bought them just as 4gLTE was rolling out, did not have 4g service for over 6 months in my area, but I paid for the service anyway. After this last phone #4 not powering up I was sent to tech support when call on my phone dropped. This was after calling once before, then going into the the store and told to call again. You know, it really makes a working person feel good to pay their $250 monthly bill the past several years (with full insurance, extended warranty, etc) and get that "special" treatment.

So Verizon, here's my story on your forums: I've been here long enough to see new customers get treated like gold while continuing customers at times get run around, my New Every Two go away, the $100 towards an upgrade go away, then the $50 go away, then paying to renew my phone contract when upgrading, that I bought an Apple service contract with my other phone but because I did not activate in a timely manner, I get to lose that $70 as well. Now VZ wants to take back my unlimited data despite not ever going over 2gb (Yes I know, the Reps keep telling me since I'm not using it, why so hard to give up?.... Well, because VZ, in my experience KEEPS TAKING). There's more but its minor irritations that only keep adding up.

Oh, but a really painful issue is learning that the CEO of Verizon said (something to the nature of) "Verizon does not need to compete". Hey, you know, everyone in the world knows that, but hearing its ingrained from the top all the way down, well, that's really arrogant (that's being polite).

Conversely, I have had some WONDERFUL reps who have gone out of their way to help as much as they can. Its really a part of the equation that has kept me here at Verizon. But they can only do so much when they are squeezed by Corporate rules and (at times) poor equipment.

That felt good to impart my experience here, but not good enough to put up with paying top prices to get mid grade (or worse) performance.

Labels (1)
Re: Last time with Verizon since I'm getting T-Mo Service at VZ prices
Not applicable

The price of 3G & 4G were the same. No real gripe there. You should have checked prior to phone purchase about 4G coverage.

The phones well that is another portion where you chose them, you have the insurance and you have replaced them. Again not the carriers fault as I can see. When you opted to not pay full price you lose unlimited data, and you pay the $30 upgrade fee. You were aware of it before you chose the paying less for the device versus losing unlimited data. It was your decision.

I still have every phone from a gazillion years ago. If you take care of the device it will be there for you. And they all look brand new and are fully functional. Its all in how you use and treat them.

As companies progress prices and services change. If you cannot accept that then you have additional decisions to make and other carriers to choose from. Again Verizon is not making you stay against your wishes.

I am sure it felt gooid to vent and I commend you for doing so.

Good Luck

0 Likes