Late on bill, bill has been paid, now I can't get a signal
Varly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well technically calls and text's were working fine but now my phone won't get a 3G signal. I was about 2 days late on a bill and the 3G coverage dropped (as should be expected). I've paid the bill but now my phone won't get the signal back.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Late on bill, bill has been paid, now I can't get a signal
Varly
Enthusiast - Level 2

tech support fixed me. thanks for the input everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

If you are disconnected due to failure to pay, your phone will not be able to call, text or use data.  Verizon does not turn off only 3G data service due to failure to pay.

I suggest you call in from another phone and choose option 3 for tech support so that they can troubleshoot what might be going on with your connection.

0 Likes
Varly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well actually it didn't. I had no 3G but I was still able to call and receive texts. Regardless what I'm trying to do now is gain my 3G back for data transfer.

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

It's probably an issue with your phone or the tower in your area.  If you can still call and text, your service has not been disconnected due to non-payment.  You are experiencing technical difficulties, so I suggested you call tech support from another phone, describe the issue, and let the techs walk you through some troubleshooting steps.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Call *228 and choose option1 and also pull your battery while the device is on and see what happens

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Does *228 work on the 4G models?  I thought that with the SIM cards, the programming process would be different.  Maybe that's not the case on the Thunderbolt though.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

LTE devices you just retart your phone.  You DO NOT dial *228.

Verizon may be updating the towers in your area for 4G devices.  The updating that is rolling out is for the changes.  Some people experiencing random restarts without the tower updates.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I did not see the OP had a TB.

0 Likes
Varly
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I restart my phone? I actually did receive an update the other day and while it was downloading the 4G signal on my phone came up.

0 Likes
Varly
Enthusiast - Level 2

tech support fixed me. thanks for the input everyone.

0 Likes