Latest Scam
peterpica
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got an email thanking me for my payment of $1290.00 to Verizon via Visa credit card. Obviously a scam... is there any way to report this to Verizon without going through their horrendous phone labyrinth of options...trying to get somebody real with them is like venus crossing in the front of the sun yesterday....I tried sending the scammer a nasty note but it bounced. See attached for what this character's trying to do. I've saved the bounced resonse to an .rtf file if anybody's interested... maybe even somebody from Verizon?

>File attachment removed as it contained personal info and also profanity that is not allowed on this site<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: Latest Scam
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can forward it to verizon via email. that is what most banks recommend you do when you get a bank scam email.

peterpica
Enthusiast - Level 2

just sent to:

phishing@verizon.com

thanks.

benright
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same email tonight but mine had a payment of $1978.04 and it was sent to me and 14 other people.

I also forwarded mine to phishing@verizon.com

danielchristenson

This just happened to me to the tune of 1489.56. Foolishly I checked on "go to your account online". McAffee notified me that they had just disabled a Trojan had just been downloaded. At the same time I was unable to access my account either on my phone or computer. Other scams like this for other companies have had a slightly altered origin email, but this was legit. Has someone hacked into Verizon? I wanted to notify Verizon right away, but this was impossible, so I got on a forum right away.

I will forward to the above.

0 Likes
peterpica
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeh, me too... I was dumb enough to click that button and got a message to the effect "hold on, making connection"... I smelled a rat right away and disconnected my browser.

Hope I got the bastard in time!

0 Likes