Law Enforcement Discount rather disappointing
Cnickels5

My husband recently became a Law Enforcement Officer, and we heard that Verizon offered great discounts to LEO's, including 23% off plans, no ETF's, upgrade eligibility every 10 months, and even unlimited Data (which is now unavailable to most everyone else).  So we began doing research, and were disappointed to find that those discounts are only available through the Fraternal Order of Police Corporate Discount (http://azfop.com/fop-member-verizon-discount/), which has no contract with the department my husband works for.  The only other discount available is 15% off our plan (compare that to Gap employees who receive 25%, and Coca Cola employees who receive 25-28%).

Now, I don't mean to be "that customer" who complains and complains until they get what they want, but I find it disturbing that Verizon seems to appreciate our public safety workers so little (No discount is offered for ANY military, at least not where I could find it).

All across the country Law Enforcement Officer pay is either decreasing, or going stagnant due to pay-freezes, while the cost of living is increasing.  I for one would like to see Verizon show its support for those who help protect our society on a daily bases, and do this small favor for us (Verizon would have nothing to lose and tons to gain).  Even if you started offering 50% off your plans, unltd data, and free smart phones, I suspect you'd still be making money off us, just not as much as you COULD.

Oh, and while you're at it, you should start extending your discounts to LEO Retirees and Military Retirees.  While searching for an existing post on these forums I came across several posts by LEO's who lost their 15% discounts once they retired.  That's just sad...

So what do you say Verizon?  Will you show more support for our LEO's and military and offer some better discounts (not connected to a union)?  Or will you just say "f*** the police" like so many others nowadays...

For everyone's reference, these are some discounts offered by Verizon's competitors:

Sprint

Law Enforcement25%
ARMY/USAA/Military/Airforce5%-12%

AT&T

Gov. Military and First Aid15%-19%
Army & National Guard19%
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Law Enforcement Discount rather disappointing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each employee discount is unique to each company or organization. The rate and peaks depend on the amount of business that company or organization has with Verizon Wireless and what the two companies have negotiated into the agreement. For example, very few companies have extended the employee discount to their retired employees.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

LBurk

Police Officers who's department is not a member of FOP, can still join the FOP as an unaffiliated officer. I believe it is through lodge 7, but I could be mistaken. There are some members of my agency who quit our union and joined FOP as unaffiliated police officers.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It really is a rough time to be a police officer these days. I think it would be ideal to have a standard discount set in place, that's just not how it is. They are in business to make money and are the largest carrier and can essentially do things how they want. While it's a great suggestion, it more than likely isn't priority with everything going on these days.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Cnickels5 wrote:

Even if you started offering 50% off your plans, unltd data, and free smart phones, I suspect you'd still be making money off us, just not as much as you COULD.

Law Enforcement 25%
ARMY/USAA/Military/Airforce 5%-12%

AT&T

Gov. Military and First Aid 15%-19%
Army & National Guard 19%

AS stated before the discount depends on the employer and not VZW. What you suggest is not even available to VZW employees. They won't ever offer this to anyone.

0 Likes