Leaving old plan for new. $?
mturner714

I have an iphone and am on a friends plan for the past year.  I would like to get on my own plan. are there fees for me leaving my current plan and how much if so?  How much would the monthly fees be for unlimited talk/text and data for single plan?  My data needs are minimal.  Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Leaving old plan for new.  $?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for reaching out to us, mturner714. Getting a plan in your name is something that we can certainly help you with. The process is called an Assumption of Liability. You can check on the best plan for you here http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ. It will include unlimited calls, unlimited texts, but you will need to select a data plan. -Tamara

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for reaching out to us, mturner714. Getting a plan in your name is something that we can certainly help you with. The process is called an Assumption of Liability. You can check on the best plan for you here http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ. It will include unlimited calls, unlimited texts, but you will need to select a data plan. -Tamara

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

I see that mturner714 did not read your question. I will try to provide an answer....

My understanding is that there is no cost to transfer a line from one owner to another owner (from your friend to you). I also understand that being a single owner on a VZN account will be quite a bit more expensive than sharing with a friend. 

The monthly fees will be the base charge, line charge, data charge, insurance (if any), taxes and VZN assigned fees. Check out the available services, pick one and then dial 611 and ask what your monthly cost will be.  BTW, you should try to avoid a contract at all costs. Better choices will become available soon, and being in a contract will cause you to miss out on possible deals.

Good Luck....

PS.  You really should look at other providers in your area for deals before jumping anywhere. At least you can use the information provided by others as a reference for the single VZN line you want.

0 Likes