Let me tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for 6 years get treated.
catsgrin

I have been a customer of Verizon for 6 years and I accidentally dropped my LG phone and part of the ear-piece has come unhinged and I can no longer make or receive phone calls. I also cannot see the screen. The phone rings but if I open it up to answer, I can't hear anything. This evening, I took the phone to a Verizon store after work and they told me that because my warranty was no longer valid that I had to purchase a replacement for $50.  So, Verizon wants me to pay more money for a cheap phone that I paid less for to begin with. This is a rip-off and outrageous. I should not have to pay for a replacement for a crappy phone that broke. So now I am stuck with a phone that doesn't work until my contract is up in December. In the meantime, I suppose they will be billing me for service that I cannot even use. I will NOT be returning to Verizon. These people are taking advantage of me and should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. I am now stuck without a cell phone and they want me to pay for my inconvenience! OUTRAGEOUS!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Let me tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for 6 years get treated.
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

So YOU dropped your phone and broke it, and now VZW won't give you a free one? How dare them!

0 Likes
Re: Let me tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for 6 years get treated.
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Wait just so we're clear...you dropped your phone causing it to break and Verizon was going to let you get another one under the warranty replacement program which is for manufacture defects. Did I read that right? Sounds like Verizon was working with you instead saying "Sorry you broke your phone and didn't care enough to insure it, here's one at full retail for $200+. Have a great day" Tell me where you can break a product that you've owned for nearly two years and a company will give you replacement options?

"I am now stuck without a cell phone and they want me to pay for my inconvenience!"

You caused your inconvenience! Why shouldn't you pay for it!?!

Good luck on whatever company you go to next, I'm sure they would love to have someone like you as a customer!

0 Likes
jdkettyle

You have got to be kidding.  YOU dropped your phone and you want them to GIVE you another one??   I have been a customer with Verizon since before they were Verizon (GTE Wireless) and would not even think about asking for a new one.  The era of personal responsibility is further gone than I had thought!

0 Likes
tdsnuggs

[edit]  If you want phone replacement, get insurance on your plan.  Verizon owes you nothing.

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
vztournewbie
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should have put insurance on your phone, that way if you accidently dropped it, you can replace it. VZW is not going to just give you a phone outright, cheap phone or not.. VZW has a lot of phones to choose from as well as accessories for the phone, like cases to protect them in case it gets dropped, liquid spills, etc. Also when you bought the phone initally and it wasn't to your liking, you should have returned it.

0 Likes
glinc
Contributor - Level 1

vztournewbie wrote:

You should have put insurance on your phone, that way if you accidently dropped it, you can replace it. VZW is not going to just give you a phone outright, cheap phone or not.. VZW has a lot of phones to choose from as well as accessories for the phone, like cases to protect them in case it gets dropped, liquid spills, etc. Also when you bought the phone initally and it wasn't to your liking, you should have returned it.

Don't think the insurance would've worked for him either, since his problem is paying for a replacement and with the insurance he would have to pay for deductible also.

Just so you can be clear OP, when you dropped your phone and it broke, it is considered a personal damage and is not covered under the warranty.  So you were lucky they even let you get a replacement phone for the regular fee of $50 (which is the cost for every phone out of warranty) when clearly it was a personal damage and not a phone defect.

0 Likes
dcubed121

You broke it, therefore you must buy another.

by the same logic you are using if a phone has a manufacor defect the customer replaces it?

naaa, don't think so.    i work for customer care for a competing company and i hate getting people like you.

0 Likes
lcfw

Really important things I've learned:

1. GET THE INSURANCE:. Completely and utterly worth it. Yeah, I know if you add it up over 2 years blah, blah, blah. But if you just get it you don't worry. You fork out $50 and get a new phone. And it may not have the same shiny packaging, but it's a shiny new phone. Done it so many times because my kids are very adept at doing stupid things with their phones ie; rock climbing and dropping phone, dropping it in any available body of water, and, the all-time favorite - leaving phone in clothes and then doing laundry. I didn't even know my kids DID laundry.

2: DEAL WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA TELEPHONE: The sole reason I stay with Verizon (and I really, really want an iPhone) is those people on the phone. The stores kind of suck. But the telephone customer service people are really sharp,nice and calm and they treat you like the individual you are. I've even had them point out things I don't use that I'm spending money and changing them. IMPORTANT: ask them to mark /file/tag anything important. Don't know the exact word. They make some kind of bookmark, and they may have to dig for it the next time, but it really works. I won't go on and on, but they've saved my **bleep** a few times. And (not being jingistic, but  they speak English I can understand) And I always mean to write the company and tell them the person's name and how great they were, but it never happens. So if anyone at Verizon is reading this, kudos to tech support. :smileywink:

3. GET THE CONTACTS BACKUP: Again, just fork out for it. However (as I just learned), when you get a new phone you have to download it the the new phone. I thought the contacts would seamlessly go over, but they don't. At least when going to a smartphone/Blackberry from a dumb(?) phone. My charger port is coming out and my phone died but I thought I had everyone backed up here. No luck. Kind of wish someone in the store had pointed that out to me (the phone ladies would have!), but I didn't ask, so whatever.

0 Likes
chudson75

I don't feel sorry for you one bit. YOU dropped your phone, YOU broke it! My husband and I have been with verizon now for 5 years, prior to that I was with 2 other companies. NO other company would ever give you a free phone when you break yours! That is a rediculous request. WE have 4 phones on our plan and whenever we have an issue, we are always treated with respect and courtesy. [edit]. If your water pipes in your home burst, the water company doesn't fix them for you and nor does a plumber, not for free. If your television breaks, does that manufacturer give you another for free? IF THERE IS NO WARRANTY THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!!!! [edit]. I have worked in customer service in the past [edit] So let's get to the bottom line here...... [edit]

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes