Re: Let me tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for 6 years get treated.
jtorito

I actually do understand your frustration. You seem to be a loyal customer of Verizon who got a phone that was inexpensive. Although you may not be entitled to a free replacement, I do think they should at least offer you a replacement at your original cost at most. I don't see why you should have to pay more for a phone of the same quality as the one that got broken. Maybe you can try purchasing a replacement phone from an alternate source. Many times they are less expensive.

0 Likes
Re: Let me tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for 6 years get treated.
FBCoffee

I agree with all of the other posters here.  I have been with Verizon for more than 10 years.  The customer service from those in person, online and over the phone is awesome.  Take some personal responsibility for your actions.  $50 for a new cheap phone is extremely reasonable.

0 Likes
gcyberhoff

You get a new phone every 2 years when you renew. Just find your phone from 2 years ago, charge up the battery and call or take it to the store. They can make the transfer. For two months until your contract is up you can use a four year old phone. If you can't use that phone then ask around for someone who changed phones recently. Someone would let you use there old out of use phone for two months. Like that you don't have to pay the $50 and you still have a working phone. If I'm wrong someone correct me. If I'm right give me kudos.

0 Likes
mmmdonuts75

Only having to pay $50 to replace a phone you broke yourself sounds like a good deal to me...especially if you didn't sign up for Assurion.

0 Likes
BoscoBear

You sound like a  person who has unrealistic expectations. I don't expect any company would replace a phone that you broke when the warranty covers defects, not personal abuse.

0 Likes
DorianMode

Helpful Suggestion: buy a phone on eBay. When I last needed a replacement for an older, cheaper phone, I bought one for 2 cents (true!) plus shipping. It even came with a charger. This won't hold true for newer phones, but older models go for a song. YMMV.

0 Likes
No, let *ME* tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for years get treated.
archanoid

I've been with VZW for several years. I have a family plan with four lines. I added the last line in April 2008 for my daughter's birthday. So while three phones were eligible for upgrades in June, and the contracts on those lines were up at the end of October, my daughter's phone is not eligible for upgrade pricing until December 22nd (and her contract is up in April).

I have not upgraded my phones because I was waiting to see if the Droid was more than hype but am seriously considering getting an iPhone or a Nokia N900 and moving to AT&T or T-Mobile. But what I really want to do is just stick with VZW, get myself a Droid, upgrade all the other phones as well, and renew for two more years of VZW servitude (sorry, I mean service) with the same contract dates on all four lines.

Now, I pay over $2000/yr to VZW and in stores and calling the 800 number, they refuse to move the upgrade eligibilty date on my daughter's phone up one month. Even though the purpose of this is SO I CAN RENEW FOUR LINES FOR TWO MORE YEARS.

They don't care. Their posture is: We don't want your $4000+ dollars over the next two years. We don't want to sell you a Droid or any of those other phones you were looking to spend money on. We don't care if we retain you as a customer. We'd just as soon you took your business to AT&T because heaven forbid we lose the $200 we'd get by forcing you to pay retail for a phone to renew and upgrade now. Or we think so little of you we think you'll never leave VZW and you can just wait another month before upgrading.

All I'm asking is to have the upgrade eligibility date moved up 35 days so I can promise them I'll give them all this money over the next two years and they essentially told me to buzz off, tough cookies.

THAT'S how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for several years get treated.

0 Likes
Re: No, let *ME* tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for years get treated.
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Is your daughter's phone broken? I don't see what the big deal is about waiting, especially since it's only 35 days and the holiday sales at that time will likely save you even more money.
0 Likes
Re: No, let *ME* tell you how customers who have been with Verizon Wireless for years get treated.
archanoid

All of our phones are failing. My pearl is now resetting itself randomly throughout the day. Two other phones now have cracked screens, battery life is dwindling on all of them. They are all over two year old phones (she didn't get a brand new phone at first) and show typical wear. But the fact is, that's a moot point.

" I don't see what the big deal is about waiting, especially since it's only 35 days and the holiday sales at that time will likely save you even more money."

A customer who wishes to spend money now is the kind of customer a company ought to want. Not one that wants to spend money in 35 days. Why does it make sense that it should be no big deal for me to wait 35 days but it *IS* somehow a big deal for VZW to move the eligibilty 35 days?

I have my reasons for needing to get this done now and it is irrelevant as to why.  But since you asked and so we're clear it's partly the trouble we're all starting to experience with our phones and partly because we have a trip planned the around Thanksgiving and I'd like to know all our phones are going to be working well if we get separated or anything should happen during our travel.

Again, it's irrelevant why a customer wants to upgrade when they do. The fact remains that I am a long time customer and I have a need that seems like a pretty simple easy thing for VZW to help me out with yet they refuse to budge. It makes zero sense to me ESPECIALLY in light of it meaning $4000+ revenue over the next two years.

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

archanoid wrote:

A customer who wishes to spend money now is the kind of customer a company ought to want. Not one that wants to spend money in 35 days. Why does it make sense that it should be no big deal for me to wait 35 days but it *IS* somehow a big deal for VZW to move the eligibilty 35 days?

I have my reasons for needing to get this done now and it is irrelevant as to why.  But since you asked and so we're clear it's partly the trouble we're all starting to experience with our phones and partly because we have a trip planned the around Thanksgiving and I'd like to know all our phones are going to be working well if we get separated or anything should happen during our travel.

Again, it's irrelevant why a customer wants to upgrade when they do. The fact remains that I am a long time customer and I have a need that seems like a pretty simple easy thing for VZW to help me out with yet they refuse to budge. It makes zero sense to me ESPECIALLY in light of it meaning $4000+ revenue over the next two years.

If they move yours 35 days, then why not someone's 40 days? Afterall it's only 5 days from yours...and then someone else 45? And 50? I think you see my point.

If you have a coupon that begins on the 5th, would you expect to be able to use it on the 1st? Probably not, what's the difference? Verizon is giving you a discount off a phone...you just need to meet the "coupon" date.

0 Likes