Letter of Termination
townchick

After 7+ years of service, my 72 year old mother received an electronic mail on January 18, 2019 from the Executive Relations office of Verizon Wireless addressed from Alpharetta, Georgia. The letter is a termination of service letter and the letter is signed by Andrea Mattia, senior analyst. In the letter, Andrea states service will be terminated on January 28, 2019 cause being “violation of our terms and conditions.” Verbatim, the letter reads:

Dear Ms. *****:

Based on our review of the usage on your account, it appears that you are violating our terms and conditions, which provide that “Unlimited Anytime Minutes are for direct dialed, uninterrupted live dialogue between two individuals. Broadcasts, chat and party lines, auto-dialed calls, telemarketing, and similar services are prohibited."

The above referenced mobile number will be terminated for cause on January 28, 2019. In such case, any and all service charges up to the termination date as well as any Early Termination Fees and/or Device Installments Fees will remain valid and will not be waived.

If you have any concerns regarding this letter you can reach me at (41*) 69*-****, between the hours of 9am and 4pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Thank you,

Andrea Mattia-Sr. Analyst

Verizon Wireless

This is the first correspondence we have received from Verizon in reference to this matter and all attempts to contact Andrea Mattia have went unanswered. We have spoken to two Verizon customer representatives via telephonically and one via Facebook messenger- none of which can provide any information as to why or what may be going on with the account.

As I await further information on the issue I’ve decided to do some research on my own. My research has lead me to believe that the line may have unknowingly dialed a traffic pumping/access stimulation area code (712 area code appeared on phone bill). If you do a google search on the topic, you will get an understanding of what traffic pumping/access stimulation is, the HUGE cost incurred by the wireless provider and how it may ultimately effect your line of service.

I’m not blaming Verizon for not wanting to cover the costs involved in traffic pumping/access stimulation but it is quite unfair to terminate a long standing customer, without warning or notice due to a legal issue the customer was not made aware of (Verizon's pending litigations).

I guess my questions are, 1) has any other person(s) received such letter for said reason? 2) why wasn't contact made with customer prior to letter of termination being issued? 3) is there a reason why Verizon would prohibit the use of "chat and party lines and similar services?" and 4) is traffic pumping/access stimulation the reason why the terms of use was altered on the Verizon website on September 13, 2018 in reference to unlimited minute usage? Any information would be gladly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes