Lied to about new phone cost
Nothappyatvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any one have a number to contact when the problem is Verizon customer service is the problem?  This is an extract from my latest chat session with Verizon wireless. 

You : so they lied to me?

RANDY : It would appear so, since I cannot access the chat to see how exactly they offered it. Unless it is a direct offer from the sales department, which I do not have access to their special offers.

RANDY : But basically that would be buying 1 phone and getting 3 free.

You : ok thanks. im not happy about being lied to

RANDY : I can definitely understand that! I would be too. That is not right for them to make such ridiculous offers like that.

So they offered me a deal on new phones.  when I go to get them they can't do what they said.  Aka lying to the customer.  This offer wasn't the sales staff, but the retention staff who this chat was from also.  This wasn't the only issue with all this either.  Any help to contact them to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Re: Lied to about new phone cost
mama23dogs
Legend

I Wouldn't beleive an offer like that if I heard it for myself. 

Retention  latitude for making deals, but not carte blanche.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An experience like this would have me just as concerned, Nothappyatvzw. We definitely want to ensure you receive the best available offers.

Did you add new lines of service, or did you upgrade those lines?

While that offer does not match some of the promos currently available, our sales pros can help review over them together with you.

Please give them a call at 888-924-7937.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nothappyatvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Nothappyatvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah so calling that number didn’t help. The guy was nice but would only offer the phones on 24 month payment plan. He could see what the notes said, and mentioned there was no way to get that deal. My understanding from what he told me, there are no contracts anymore. He did try to cover for his counterparts saying it’s a misunderstanding, but the chat texts don’t support that. So he transferred me to another customer service to open a case or investigation into how this whole mess happened. But in what seems to be true Verizon fashion lately, I was transferred and then was disconnected. Maybe I should act on his words, "yes other carriers are cheaper than for the same thing at Verizon." So seems like Verizon will lie and do whatever they can to nickel and dime you to death.  What now?

Weth
Legend

You really thought buy 1 get 3 free was something that is being done? Doesn't pass the sniff test at all.

Contracts are gone, it is all device payment plans now. But when you cost out the 24 month payout, very often the device payment plan will end up being even to slightly better than you would have paid with contract phone. This is even though with contracts phones seemed cheaper, but you ended up paying more for line access fee - $15 to $25 dollar per line more every month over 24 months adds up to $360 to $600 more you paid for the "cheaper" phone -- which means it wasn't really cheaper.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Well, you're obviously not going to get a bogus offer, so I'd say call back that dude that's was helpful and honest if you don't want to switch, or if you find a better deal elsewhere move on and save yourself frustration.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sounds like what happened to me, too!

0 Likes
Nothappyatvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to call the customer service again. I did find out contracts still exist, but you pay $40 vs $20 per line access fee.  This time a Verizon customer service call center manager/supervisor was honoring the offer. But conveniently there was "computer problems" when doing it and they said they would call me back within 48 hours. Nope didn’t happen of course. The manager I talked to Thursday, 24 hours after they should have called back, didn’t see the offer.  Just that they talked to me that day.  He was contacting them internally to get them to call me and he would let me know when they got his message.  Yup didn’t happen.  Seems to be standard “great” Verizon customer service.  I think it’s time to contact a business lawyer, the attorney general and the Better Business Bureau for lying to and deceiving a consumer and un-business like conduct.  Of course I'll find out after talking with them.  I’d hope the calls were recorded for training purposes but unlikely they weren’t.  I’m sure the deal I was provided but not given will not break their bank.  However unrealistic the deal, it was made and documented. Although they agreed to change the phones to what I wanted (saving them $100 from the original deal), they should honor their word like an honest company.  If it’s going to bankrupt them, show me how please and I’ll rethink it all.  Verizon claims to have the best customer service.  If this experience is there best I don’t want to experience the not good service.  Where to go now? 

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

An attorney or the BBB also can't help get an invalid offer, or help you break your customer agreement between you and Verizon, specifically- "You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement". http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

If it was a genuine advertised promotional offer that you weren't getting it would be different, as there would be remedies for that. They won't go bankrupt if they have such an offer to one customer, but they aren't willing to take such a high loss. Your best bet to save yourself time and frustration in this case would be to talk with your wallet and hit them in their bottom line and switch if there is a service provider that works in the area you need it that may have better deals than Verizon is currently offering.

0 Likes