Limited access during self-isolation
pippaj
Enthusiast - Level 1

In this time of self-isolation it would be a great service to the community if Verizon would remove the restrictions on "unlimited" access.  I have no other real option to increase my access without very high cost, so am unable to stream movies, and 12 days into my monthly "allowance" I have only 10% left.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
Re: Limited access during self-isolation
rcschnoor
Legend

@pippaj wrote:

In this time of self-isolation it would be a great service to the community if Verizon would remove the restrictions on "unlimited" access.  I have no other real option to increase my access without very high cost, so am unable to stream movies, and 12 days into my monthly "allowance" I have only 10% left.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Why is it Verizon's responsibility to foot the bill for your entertainment? There are other less data intensive methods of entertainment. Reading, for example. Downloading a book takes a LOT less data and will provide MANY more hours of entertainment than streaming a movie. Of course, if YOU choose to stream movies, YOU should pay for doing so.

Another option to save on data if YOU choose to stream movies would be to lower the quality, lowering the amount of data you consume.

0 Likes
CHURCHMOUSE50
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about those of us who could give a dirt about streaming a movie, but have two people working from home + one of them also has a university class? We blew through our 15Gb "allowed" data with two weeks left until it turns over. Other wireless companies are offering to ease restrictions for their customers - why not Verizon?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VzW is providing extra data for a month starting on the 25th:

Verizon Data Increase 

CHURCHMOUSE50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I had not seen that information! It will be very helpful!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHURCHMOUSE50,

I'm glad to see that tikibar1 provided you with the link about our 15GB of additional data we're offering for our customers. I'm blowing through my usage more than normal, so I can understand your predicament, like you mentioned. The link here http://spr.ly/66091Q2Sd will bring you to the FAQ page with even more details about this great offer. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
pippaj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've never streamed a movie, I use my internet for email, connecting with family and friends via Facebook, banking.  This is NOT "entertainment" but simply a valued part of my life.

0 Likes
pippaj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your are welcome. Hope you enjoy the extra data. Have a great day and stay safe. 

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes