Listen up Verizon! We don't want daily hang ups from your marketing!
TBeaulieu
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is insane!

Every frigging day I get a hangup from your marketing contractors.

Either it's a canned message telling ME TO CALL YOU SO YOU CAN MARKET TO ME, or it's a hangup where I can hear the call center in the background.

STOP THE INSANITY! YOU WANT ME TO SWITCH? KEEP IT UP!

Number deleted

><

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Listen up Verizon! We don't want daily hang ups from your marketing!
Not applicable

You can call Verizon Wireless at 611 or the 800 number and have them place you on a do not market list.

You can also do it from the My Verizon web portal http://www.verizonwireless.com and just type in opt out in the search box, it should come back with the right place.

I found calling is easier

It is located under "Manage Privacy Settings" I just looked at the Verizon site. Unchecked all theYES boxes to NO boxes and click submit. Problem solved.

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
TBeaulieu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I found nothing under "opt out", but I did find a silly page for privacy settings. It didn't specify phone calls.

And guess what? They just called and left a 29 second empty message AGAIN!

0 Likes
Not applicable

TBeaulieu wrote:

Thanks. I found nothing under "opt out", but I did find a silly page for privacy settings. It didn't specify phone calls.

It takes awhile to get into the system. Call them up and tell them to opt you out of any marketing calls.

They can do it while you are on the phone with them.

I never get any calls or emails since I called and went on line and checked all them boxes to NO.

Glad I could help.

0 Likes
TBeaulieu
Enthusiast - Level 2

But you have to admit that it's CRAZY for a company to call multiple times day after day and hang up. Call waiting and empty/useless voicemails that I have to dial in, collect and delete EVERY DAY IS INSANE!

0 Likes
Not applicable

TBeaulieu wrote:

But you have to admit that it's CRAZY for a company to call multiple times day after day and hang up. Call waiting and empty/useless voicemails that I have to dial in, collect and delete EVERY DAY IS INSANE!

You know it could be a reseller who works for Verizon or does not work for them and is scamming you.

That number you gave is Verizon sales. So although not a scam you can and should tell them at Verizon the number that is calling you and that you gave no permission to be bothered by them. Make sure they remove you immediately or you will go to your States Attorney General to file a complaint. And I know in NY state the Attorney General does take these matters with a vigor.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

TBeaulieu wrote:

Log back into your on-line MyVerizon account and go to the My Profile section.  Scroll to the very bottom and click the blue link to the right of Verizon Selects Preferences.  Then deny consent for participating and block your lines from participating.  Be sure to save the changes at the bottom of the page.

0 Likes
TBeaulieu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Just did that, too.

I wonder if I need to log out, log in while holding my phone near the screen, go the third page under "hidden options", scroll down twice, up once and deselect the 4 point font checkbox that says "Please harass me".

If so I'd better not forget to confirm the selection via an associate call back.

Not applicable

you should develop the habit of READING the contract before you sign it

0 Likes
Not applicable

burgesssimile wrote:

you should develop the habit of READING the contract before you sign it

The contract has nothing to do with marketing calls. Please stop trolling With Inaccurate answers.

0 Likes