Live in Dalton and have had Verizon Wireless for over 10 years. In those 10 years I have limited or no service at my home.
TommyDalton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can occasionally send text messages, can't send or receive calls.  Talked with Verizon because I am considering a move to AT&T which does have coverage at my house.  The customer service rep was very nice but couldn't really help me.  She did mention the fact that there is a Network Extender that might help, but I needed to talk with Tech Support.  Tech Support told me about the device, but then informed me that it would cost me $250.00 for the extender.  So I have to pay $250.00 for a device that lets me use their service at my home.  I argued that after 10 plus years and thousands of dollars for a service that doesn't work at my house, that I shouldn't have to buy the device.  They created a ticket and were supposed to send someone to my house to check to the signal (apparently they think that I was lying).  The fact that I have never been able to get rid of my landline (another $40.00 per month) might be a clue as to may ability to use my cell phone at home.  Ironically, I was talking to them over my landline while discussing the ability to use my cell phone!!  I haven't heard a word from them since.  I live 1/4 of a mile from a cell tower.  It's an AT&T tower and apparently Verizon has not been allowed the use of this tower or has declined to use it.  It looks like I'll need to switch carriers, but know this Verizon, I am very loyal as years of service would indicate, so if you force me to switch, you will never get me back.

Regards,

Tom Provencher

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Live in Dalton and have had Verizon Wireless for over 10 years. In those 10 years I have limited or no service at my home.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us about this matter, Tom! I agree that 10 years is a very long time to be a customer. I thank you for your loyalty. I admit that I'm surprised by your companion statement that (in all that time) you've not had service in your home, yet you've chosen to stay with us. I'm curious to know why now, after 10 years knowing that the service is unavailable inside your home, you're looking to leave us. What has changed? Also, what zip code are you in?

Insofar as the Network Extender is concerned, I can tell you that it can be quite the problem-solver. My father has one for his home in Los Angeles. Yes, Los Angeles, CA: a major market area with dozens of towers within a 3 mile radius. Yet, indoor service is a challenge even for him because the structure itself interferes with signal. When the time came to address this issue, he was as resistant to the Extender as you are. But he has it now, and he loves it. I hope you try one out to see if it helps you to get the service you've been seeking for 10 years. More info on the device can be found here: http://vz.to/1b3bWa7

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

Re: Live in Dalton and have had Verizon Wireless for over 10 years. In those 10 years I have limited or no service at my home.
TommyDalton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't know that a solution was available until recently. Customer service told me about the extender, then transferred me to tech support. They were supposed to send someone out to check the signal at my house, but I haven't heard from them. I am very unhappy that you have had a device that could have helped me and never bothered to tell me (yes, I have mentioned this problem to Verizon in the past, every time I tried to activate a new phone).

Tom

Tom

0 Likes
TommyDalton
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 01226. I get a weak signal outside of the house but nothing inside.

Tom

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns TommyDalton.  I would love to look further into your situation.  Just follow me here (AnthonyTa_VZW) and send me a Direct Message including your name, wireless mobile number and billing account password so I can further assist.  Thank you for your patience and your understanding!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TommyDalton
Enthusiast - Level 2

The link to follow you doesn't seem to work, Not sure why.  It tries to bring up a web page.  I tried to do a direct message but it send I couldn't send it to you without following you.  I am leaving tomorrow for vacation and won't be back until 12/9.  I'll try to follow up with you then.  Have a nice Thanksgiving.

B33
Legend

AnthonyTa_VZW  I checked what Tom was referring to and this is what i get when clicking on the Link you Provided)  I'm currently using Fire Fox as my Browser

The Time and Date is 8:39 am Nov.28 2013

The address isn't valid

The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.

0 Likes
clarkson17

I live in 06001 and have been a Verizon wireless customer for 13 years. I have perfect service outside my home but several 'dead spots' inside the home. This is very frustrating. I also find it difficult to understand that after many years of being a customer, that the solution is to buy an extender or boost device.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this link instead:

Keep in mind that not only do they need to approve your Follow request, but they also need to send you a Follow request that you have to approve.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can Direct Message each other, i.e.,

B33
Legend

What is your home mainly built of ? And do you have allot a trees around your home that can factor in on signal..

0 Likes