Lose service during the day
Twfox
Enthusiast - Level 2

We live in a rural area in Western North Carolina.  We switched to Verizon two years ago because at the time it was the only provider that we could get even a weak signal. Purchased and registered a booster that allowed us to get voice and reasonable data speed. Over the last 6 months, even though we show full bars, service started to drop out on the weekends than during the week to the point where it drops out mid morning every day and returns about 10pm at night. Since we are surrounded by mountains, there is only one tower we can reach, the ENBID is 152654, PCI is 350, located on Cowee mountain. The answer I get from Verizon is “network congestion”. Neighbors in the area are also experiencing the same problem, and they don’t need a booster. So I know my booster is not the problem. Is this temporary or permanent?

0 Likes
Re: Lose service during the day
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Twfox. I'm so sorry to learn you are having such troubles with your service. I would be just as frustrated with it all too. 

Have we done any troubleshooting? Do you know if Ticket has been opened? Did you get our Network Extender, or did you purchase one elsewhere? 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
Twfox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Vanessa , thank you for the quick response. No ticket has been opened, just called customer service. A network extender won't work for us because we have satellite internet and WiFI calling isn't possible because of the latency.

0 Likes
Twfox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m disappointed that Verizon hasn’t tried to help or at least explain what might be going on. Our account has 6 lines on it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Twfox, you're welcome. We will be pleased to help with a ticket. We sent you a Private Note. Please respond to the Private Note at your earliest convenience. 

-Jacob

0 Likes
Twfox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizons attempt to help me was useless, sending me down rabbit holes with unhelpful solutions.

They use scripted answers. It would have been better if he explained that he was not familiar with cell towers or the possibility of network congestion. Shame on Verizon for not taking this seriously and not showing a little respect that I may know what I am doing to solve my issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! We'd be happy to take a look at the account to see what's going on. How does that sound? *Angela

0 Likes
Twfox
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issues have nothing to do with my account or my phones. The issue I have , along with my neighbors, is that service drops out during the day. The only plausible explanation is network congestion from the tower we are connected. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Twfox, we don't want to have you go in circles and service dropping during the day is not what we want for you. We've sent you a private message and want to address this for you as we are Tier 2 Tech Support via this channel as well. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes