Loss of Network Coverage
rssear17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed that over the past few months VZW coverage has deteriorated in the Fairfield County, CT area.  I used to be able to be in several populated areas that used to have average to good service.  This now appears to not be the case.  I know of an area that now is a complete dead zone for service.  This is frustrating since I know the service used to be very good.  I am hoping VZW will look into this and find a fix for all the recent dead zones.

Re: Loss of Network Coverage
pumpkin777wadeowen
Enthusiast - Level 1

What cell phone or other device do you have that you are using? I’m asking because the compatibility or incompatibility of your cell phone with VoLTE might be affecting your service, due to the Verizon CDMA network decommission, which is supposed to be completed in 2023.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, rssear17! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? What services are being impacted?

0 Likes
rssear17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Google Pixel 5

0 Likes
rssear17
Enthusiast - Level 2

The loss appears to be voice and data.  The areas that I talk about used to have service but now appear to be deadzones.

0 Likes
rssear17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates on this VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome back. I see you contacted us about the coverage for the past few months in the Fairfield County, CT. There aren't any outages being reported. Can we have your Zip code to narrow down the signal? Also, please toggle off Wi-Fi, then run a speed test. https://www.speedtest.net/ Share your results via a screenshot. VCarter_CVZW

0 Likes
jere3227

Hi,

This exact thing is happening in my area now. Did you get a satisfactory fix?

Thanks.

0 Likes