Re: Lost Returned Device
rcschnoor
Legend

This seems to be a perfect case to bring to arbitration as described in your contract.

Returned package is stuck in FedEx location. Verizon is listed as the sender and the recipient on the label so only they can initiate an investigation yet are reluctant to do so. This seems to be a very clear cut case that YOU have done everything YOU can do. I would definitely file for arbitration. Seems like a slam dunk!

Lost Returned Device
scaci13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alright so I have been through all this ******** and I will tell you how to fix it!!  I emailed the BBB online and within 7 days some woman from Verizon's Presidential Office contacted me and credited me over $900 for my missing devices--$300 more than I was charged!   I didn't want to contact the BBB; however, since Verizon did not seem to have any answers I figured this was a last resort. It worked wonders.  Screw waiting....if your phone is lost in transit or whatever tell the BBB and stop Verizon's **.  Good Luck!!!!

jdonnell

I would like assistance.  I have also filed a case with the BBB and recently contacted Corporate.  My case is a little different as we returned two phones in the same box.  Verizon has record of receiving the package as well as processing one of the two phones. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Why would you place two phones in one box, when the tracking numbers are assigned only one phones ID?

0 Likes
jdonnell

I would like someone to help with my account. On June 30th a replacement phone was shipped to my husband. After countless hours on the phone with customer service, that phone was deemed defective by customer service. We could not transfer pictures back and forth from the two phones. We were told to hold onto the phone until the new one got there and then return them at the same time. The second replacement was shipped 7/13/2012. After working through all of the transferring of the data, we returned the phone. Verizon Wireless has stated that the shipment was received on July 31st, but they only processed one phone. I called customer service after receiving a bill with the charges on them. They told me they would open an investigation. Verizon’s CSR incorrectly filled out the form and my investigation was closed without notify me. I called a few days later to check on the status and that is when I was informed that the investigation was closed because of the form being filled out improperly. The new CSR opened another investigation. A few days later, I got a text message that was closed as the phone was not found. I called again. That representative told me that the original investigation was closed, but they were opening up a more detailed one. A few days later, I called again. Once again to be told that the investigation had really been closed on the 20th, and Verizon was not looking into any further.  They told me that I needed to call FedEx. I have called FedEx asking about the weight of the box... trying to prove that the two phones were in the box. Because it is a prepaid shipping label provided by Verizon, they DO NOT weigh the packages when they are received from a customer and being returned to Verzion. Furthermore, Verizon does not sign for the packages when received nor do they track who processes the package.  Today, I filed a complaint with the BBB and have no idea where else to turn.  From other blogs, I have been told that my only hope is to get at Verizon to sincerely take an interest and to monitor the ID number of the phone; hope that it gets refurbished and put back into service. Then I can prove that Verizon reissued the phone.  Which typically takes a few months.  I have never paid a bill late in my life, and Verizon’s CSR have told me to cancel my auto payment, only pay the regular amount, and keep calling back to check on if the phone has been processed by the warehouse. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jdonnell,

I am truly sorry to learn that we have not been successful in resolving this issue. I would like to help you out with this.

Please send a direct message to me for further assistance.

Thank you!

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thisisinsane_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same problem.

Have proof that the phone was mailed.  My problem began in may.

I am contacting the BBB today.  I am absolutely finished.  My guess NOW is that this is one way that Verizon profits!!

Sick.

acbrands
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Adam,

I am having the exact same issue as thuanvo. I have talked to countless people over the last two months who all promise to call me back, but no body does!!!!! I have no idea where I stand and have no idea how or why I could be treated so poorly by Verizon CSR.

Can you please, PLEASE help me? I am being charged $685 for a defective device I returned that Verizon is saying they never received.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Likes
acbrands
Enthusiast - Level 2

SAME EXACT PROBLEM!

Verizon says they never got the returned phone but then when you provide them with the tracking number they back track and say the box was empty!

This is disgusting, Verizon. Absolutly disgusting. I too am filing a complaint with BBB.

Disgusting.

Thisisinsane_
Enthusiast - Level 2

What’s even better is that I have been contacted four or five times now by Verizon support reps out of “concern.”  They state that they want to resolve the problem and do NOTHING.

Now my phone is back in Verizon’s hands (I and VERIZON have the proof) but have they credited my bill.  NOPE!

The WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET!

Liz

<Personal information removed from post per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator