Lost trade-in
missbry2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been on the phone with verizon for over an hour. We sent in 2 trade-ins (in separate containers). They were both received at the center on 3/31. One has now been processed through (although we haven't started receiving the credit yet), but the other one still says it hasn't been shipped. I can see it in UPS tracking that it was received by Verizon.

The person I talked to a couple of weeks ago said that both phones were received, but the one has never been updated on my account to say that. Now the person I'm talking to says they can't find the submission ID and I've been on hold since.

I have an order number, a submission ID and a UPS tracking number that says it was received. What are my next steps?

Re: Lost trade-in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

missbry2010 I'm sorry to learn you are experiencing issues with your trade in. I don't blame you for wanting to make sure everything is on track. If you are currently working with someone on the phone, it is best to continue to work with one channel. This will avoid duplicate steps. I'm confident they will be able to help.

0 Likes
bradbort
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same problem with two tradeins I made on the current 5G promotion. If it is not resolved quickly, I”m going to switch to T-Mobile, and I’ve been a Verizon 4 line customer for over two decades.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a long-time and valued customer of 20+ years, your concerns are always our top priority and we're here to help. We certainly don't want to lose you and we'd like to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come.

Verizon offers our tenured customers, as well as our new customers, promotional offers throughout the year. We definitely don't want you to miss out on any of them, while participating in our Device Trade-In Program.  Can you tell us more about the specific promotional offer you're referring to? We'd like to help. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Tom_in_La_Mesa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar experience.  I returned my trade in.  My first bill arrived and it included the first payment for my new phone.  I logged in to this site and tried to trace my return but it was not shown.  After 2 trips to the store and 3 marathon sessions on Live Chat, I still don't have any info about my return.  Yesterday I was told to take it up with Fedex directly which was the last straw.  I am returning the new phone before the 30 days expires.  Apparently my trade-in just vanished.  I assumed it was going to be like Amazon and didn't realize that I needed take a picture of the return label before shipping the phone, as Verizon doesn't know or won't acknowledge that they know that info.  The entire process seems to be designed to limit the number of trade-ins that Verizon actually has to process.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Trade-in. We want to learn more about what's going on? Which return label did you use? Share details. We want to help. EvelynB_VZW

0 Likes
Closetguy2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too had this same problem, my wife and I upgraded our phones at the same time.  Everything went well with my wife's but Verizon says they never received my phone...of course I threw away my tracking number...but after much time and effort was able to recover the tracking number, and now UPS shows that that the Verizon generated tracking number was never used...UGH! 

UPS cannot begin to file a claim without a valid tracking number, and in addition it is not my account that the tracing number was generated.

I have no idea how to begin to file a claim through Verizon because it won't let me. And after reading a number of these posts I fear it may do no good and I will be out $679 which was the value of my trade in and Verizon already took that money from my account.  I too have been a long time subscriber, since the mid-90's when in the Chicago Area it was called Cellular One!

Melissa6JK

Not feeling great about getting my Trade In resolved based on what I see on this community and Google "Verizon lost my trade in" - there are so many threads on reddit dedicated to it!

I have 3 trade in devices and only got credit for 2.  I have 3 UPS tracking numbers that show 3 devices were all delivered to the same place at the same time and all support is telling me is that we only have 2 submission requests.  2+ hours with chat and no help at all - they told me to call the Trade In line.  I did that and after waiting on hold almost an hour someone finally answered and then HUNG UP ON ME..

Can I file a police report that Verizon stole my phone (kidding...) but at a loss at what to do from here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melissa6JK, This is very troubling for me to hear that you have not received credit for all three of your trade-ins.  I can assure you we will get this corrected and find out what is going on. I am sorry that the call dropped when you called the trade-in department and we can get all of your issues addressed here.  Can you please respond to this Private Note and we can then get your account verified to get this addressed.    -Santo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melissa6JK, can you please respond to my private note.  We can then send you a link to verify and access your account.  We are here and will get this all addressed. -Santo

0 Likes