Lots of cell signal bars (4 for 4). No service.
tnbillyboy

We and everyone we’ve talked to at West Glacier Montana are getting full bars of service but limited call service and zero data service.  In nearby Columbia Falls, we have 4/4 bars and excellent service.  The ploblem is on all 4 of our devices.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lots of cell signal bars (4 for 4). No service.
tnbillyboy

BTW, that problem is on all 4 of my devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely odd to see such great signal strength result in so much service trouble, tnbillyboy. I apologize that you and so many of your devices are unable to connect to data and have limited call service, but I'm glad you're bringing this to my attention. I noticed that area is near the entrance to Glacier National Park, which can contribute to areas of service difficulty due to the terrain and number of people visiting the park. But can you tell me a little more about what happens when you try to place a call or access data on your devices? When did you first notice this trouble? Is it happening throughout the day and night or just certain time frames?    

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tnbillyboy

Thank you for your response!

We came into West Glacier on July 27 and found the conditions I described. Those same conditions continue as I write back. The screen shot (below) is what my screens say as I attempt to connect.

Phone calls are usually dropped after a few seconds, but text messages go through after a minute or two.

The time of Day seems to have no affect on the problem.

I hope that helps!

Bill

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no screenshot attached. If you want to post a picture to the Verizon Wireless Community forum, you need to sign into the community forum directly and navigate to the discussion thread you want to share the image with and post in the text dialog box using the image tool.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tnbillyboy

The screen shot would have said, “Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.”

If using Chrome, “Chrome could not open the page because the server stopped responding.”

If using a Verizon or other product, “The server could not be reached. Please try again later.”

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Having 4 out of 4 bars would tell me that you are connected to a nearby Verizon Wireless antenna. Seems like there is an issue beyond the antenna itself. There could be circuits down between the Verizon Wireless cellular site and the backbone, or, some piece of hardware is unavailable.

0 Likes
tnbillyboy

Thank you for the update. Is there something you can do to fix it?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
tnbillyboy

At around 4:30PM local today (8/8/18), the data link went down in Columbia Falls too. I hope that this is a part of the repair process!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm just another Verizon Wireless customer (but I was a CLEC/IXC Central Office technician for 23 years), so, I won't be able to perform any required repairs or troubleshooting.

The Verizon Wireless reps that communicate with us are identified by their IDs.