Low Speed Data not working
hndyman

I'm a new Verizon customer with a 5GB prepaid plan for a new iPhone SE 2020. Yesterday I used all the high speed data. Per the plan details, I should have low speed (2G speed) data access. So I was expecting to be able to at least send/receive email for simple messages with no attachments. However, this was not possible. Basically there was no data access at all. There is no option in either the My Verizon App or my account settings on my PC to enable Safety Mode. Verizon Support said this is not available for my device. So I am wondering if the low speed mode is completely useless or simply not really available for my iphone SE.

Has anyone had a similar experience or hopefully a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Low Speed Data not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, hndyman. We sent you a Private Note to work with you. Please respond to it, so we can get started. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
hndyman

Please just reply to my posting with any questions, comments, or recommendations. The email I received was suspicious as it was not a Verizon address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hndyman, what issues are you having with your low speed data? We are definitely here to assist. - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes
hndyman

I can't send or receive email. I would expect browsing and running most apps would be pretty much impossible, but I should be able to use email. I have wifi turned off and cellular data turned on. Tried with Low Data Mode on and Low Data Mode off. Still didn't work.

0 Likes