Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Low to no signal everywhere I go; previously strong coverage
JerkTelephones

I'm writing direct because you tell everyone who posts about this issue to message you directly.

I have had Verizon coverage on this phone (iphone 😎 in this location (primarily 94952/94954) with great signal/coverage for over 3 years. In the last week, my ability to use my phone outside of wifi range is almost non-existent. I have low bars, apps don't load, safari won't load websites, my map apps are all offline, and texts won't go through. I have powered down/up my phone, I have reset my network, and I have switched into/out of airplane mode, all multiple times, after which I seem to have a higher number of bars before they drop back down to low levels. I have updated my phone software. I also travel regularly to 94720, 94710, 94607, and other locations all over the Bay Area. Same issue: low to no service.

Can someone please help me fix this? I don't want to change providers but I need cell service that works, and the non-answers listed everywhere in the community forums don't make me optimistic...

Re: Low to no signal everywhere I go; previously strong coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having a reliable signal is definitely important. I have checked our system for any active service alerts in your are, and I do see that there is currently an active service alert in place. This means our technicians are aware of the situation, and are in the area working to restore service as soon as possible. *Alfredo

0 Likes
JerkTelephones

Thanks Alfredo - how do I track that information? When I attempt to look for a "network outage" in the Verizon system it just tries to take me through troubleshooting issues for my phone and won't tell me information about what's happening in my location, despite suggesting that it will if I type "network outage" into the chat.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

There is a quick and easy way to check on outage information, as well as set yourself up with network notifications. Click here to review those details: http://spr.ly/6602JM4tr I hope that information is helpful for you.

-Jordan

0 Likes
JerkTelephones

Thanks Jordan - per my message above, when I go to the suggested link, "when I attempt to look for a "network outage" in the Verizon system it just tries to take me through troubleshooting issues for my phone and won't tell me information about what's happening in my location, despite suggesting that it will if I type "network outage" into the chat."

0 Likes
stephanie0217

need to check on 34241 zip code your tower is not been workin g all day keep getting lost calls if any as well as no texts and no signal bars 

0 Likes
Deankellman

I’m in 94551 and coverage is absolutely terrible I just made a post about it. Switching providers soon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for that information, JerkTelephones. Often, an alert will appear in My Verizon for network outages in your location. If you log into My Verizon, do you have any messages or alerts advising of an outage in your area? *Stanley

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

stephanie0217, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we will be sending you a Private Note shortly. Thank you for your patience. -Kevin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The last thing that we want is to lose your business. We will be happy to look into your service issues to help you turn this around. No need to fear, help is here! Have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? Also, what exact problems are you having with your service?~David

0 Likes