Loyal long-time customer, what does that mean??
brianna325

I've been with Verizon for over 8 years. I took over my grandfather's plan back in 2012 when he passed away and was with Verizon long before that. Every year for the past 3 years I've gotten a discount on my line access fees that makes my bill $60 cheaper. This was super helpful for a family on one income and constantly struggling. This discount just up and expired this month and now it's "no longer available"??? Are you kidding me? Does loyal mean anything to Verizon Wireless, let me answer that: NO, they just care about our money. I have wasted numerous hours on the phone trying to get my bill lowered and they "can't do anything for me". Oh wait, they gave me 15% off because my dad is a Veteran and on this plan, which amounts to a whopping $9 savings every month. I'm then told I can lower my GB per month to save me an additional $5. This company is a joke. I cannot wait to cancel this service once our contracts are up, since I can't afford the $900 to cancel now. This is ridiculous. I will never recommend Verizon to anyone.

P.S. We ALWAYS pay our bill on time and we've never been late. That doesn't matter either though!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Loyal long-time customer, what does that mean??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there another discount you could add from your job or somewhere else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

brianna325 wrote:

I've been with Verizon for over 8 years. I took over my grandfather's plan back in 2012 when he passed away and was with Verizon long before that. Every year for the past 3 years I've gotten a discount on my line access fees that makes my bill $60 cheaper. This was super helpful for a family on one income and constantly struggling. This discount just up and expired this month and now it's "no longer available"??? Are you kidding me? Does loyal mean anything to Verizon Wireless, let me answer that: NO, they just care about our money.

Does this mean the your grandfather's plan was in his name and you continued paying the bill but did not put the account into you own name(i.e. your grandfather was receiving a discount)? Verizon occasionally makes people confirm they are still eligible to receive a discount. If your grandfather was receiving a discount due to some affiliation he had with an employer or organization, you would not be eligible to receive that discount unless you had the same affiliation. If the account is still in your grandfather's name, you are lucky you received that discount for as long as you did. It is disingenuous to call yourself "loyal" while taking something from Verizon which you are not entitled to receive.

Regardless, IF you are still eligible for any discounts for affiliations you have with employers or organizations, you can simply apply for them at the following location.

Discounts for corporate, government, education employees and Our Military and Vets | Verizon Wireles...

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you're on the More Everything Plan which no longer offers discounts on line access after the DPP is completed.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

Sounds like you're on the More Everything Plan which no longer offers discounts on line access after the DPP is completed.

While that could be the case, I don't think it is. Yes the line access fee discount would fall off after phone payments were completed but so would the phone payments which would likely be at least as much as the discount they were receiving resulting in a net drop in the monthly phone bill, not an increase of $60/month. Additionally, they stated they were receiving this discount for the past 3 yrs, not 2 yrs which is how long phone payments last.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Then we have confusion of what the discount actually is because the only time there is a discount on the line access is when you have a DPP or are on the New Verizon Plan and out of contract.

Of course, you know that.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

There are many less costly alternatives to Verizon.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sorry, I must have missed the part stating "discount on my line access fees" and only read "discount". My mistake.

To the OP: have you called in to CS to see if you can still get the "month to month discount"? People have reported receiving that as recently as last September/October if you called in and requested it, long after they stopped offering it. Try a few times as not all CS reps are aware of it as it is not a discount offered any longer on the More Everything Plan.

Regardless, since it appears you were only getting the $15/line discount($15 is a multiple of $60) by having a data allowance of less than 6 GB, you would probably make out even better by switching to the new Verizon Plan and going with the 2 GB, 4 GB or 8 GB plan. You may end up saving even more money since your "net" discount per line would increase from $15/line to $20/line.

mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Just because you've been with a company long enough doesn't entitle you to any discounts. I've lived in the same county for the last 19 years and if I called into the water or electric company demanding a 'loyalty' discount they would laugh at me, and I'm pretty sure that the same can be said for nearly everyone else.

If you want discounts you have to qualify for them just like everyone else does. If you had been reciveing a discount every year that lasts for 12 months then it was nothing but a promotion that they had running at the time and just like all other promotions with every major provider they eventually stop offering them.

I would check out the new Verizon plan but that also depends on how much data you need or use on a monthly basis. I would also check and see if anyone else on the account has a higher then 15% employee discount and that would at least save you a little bit more than what you currently have.

0 Likes
brianna325

Unfortunately no. I'm a stay at home mother, my husband's job isn't on the qualifying list for the employee discounts, and we are already receiving a 15% discount because my father is a Veteran, however it only amounts to $9 a month.

0 Likes