Loyalty discount eligibility
M626
Enthusiast - Level 3

So there is discount floating around on here: https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Exclusive-Loyalty-Discount/m-p/1250168#M39037

Marked as "exclusive". I would like some insight as to how the selection process is, eligibility requirements, and why some representatives seem to not know what it is.

There are also discussions about it on the Verizon subreddit, and no one seems to have a concrete answer.

For the discount DDED FEATURES 2150/ALB - LOYALTY $10 ACCT LEVEL DISC

Why are only some people getting selected (even people who have only had their account for as little as one month) and others being denied? I would like an answer.

Re: Loyalty discount eligibility
M626
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been over 24 hours. Am I simply not going to get an answer??

M626
Enthusiast - Level 3

48 hours have gone by and still no response from Verizon. It's a bit odd that your response time can be as little as 10-20 mins on all the other responses on here (even ones posted after mine) but you can't even give a simple, "we're looking into this and we'll get back to you" to my question. Seems like I'm being deliberately ignored. Is this the type of customer service to expect from Verizon going forward?

ExpiredVet
Enthusiast - Level 1

They dont want to hear from you unless it has to do with you updating how your going to pay them. Customer service is hot garbage like corpo customer service these days.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, M626. We want to ensure you receive the help you need. The community forums site is not actively monitored since it's meant to be a peer-to-peer forum for our customers to interact. As a result, we don't receive public messages from this site for 48 hours as a general rule of thumb (unless our Social Media volume from our Twitter and Facebook Support pages are extremely low in volume which is very rare). I do show we sent a private note to you and we were the last to reply in that messaging thread. Those messages are more actively monitored and therefore are addressed much quicker. Accordingly, we'd be happy to continue to assist you there. 

-Genesis

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ExpiredVet, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you receive outstanding support at all times is important. Allow us the opportunity to assist. Can you please share more details about your concern? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
M626
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

That's actually not true in the slightest. I was the last to contact you, and I was IGNORED. After sending me a message where your support said they didn't know the eligibility terms, I'll provide the quote:

"M626, we do not have access to any specific details on how or when a customer is eligible for certain discounts."

It confirmed my suspicion that none of you know what you're talking about. I returned a message:

"Obviously, if it's only going to select people, there has to be a "reason" why those people are eligible. So you're telling me that there aren't ANY terms for this promotion??"

and I was left on read. Because if there aren't any terms you can provide, then that must mean it's available for EVERYONE, but you and I both know that's not true, now don't we, otherwise your support team wouldn't have been so secretive and would have clarified the terms by now or had just given it to EVERYONE since there aren't any terms, right?

mkoneya
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve  been there. It’s definitely not what it seemed in my case. I got that and got ahold of them via text.  Verizon kept trying to sell more services, all that I already had but finally after all that rigmarole I was told I’d get $25 off monthly as promised but I should wait 2-3 billing cycles.  I waited and didn’t get the $25 off.  I contacted Verizon two times and got different stories.  One said that the offer was not applied on their end and now was no longer valid.  Makes no sense that an error on their part means I’m out of luck.  The second story was that I needed to have two lines to get $25. I only qualified for a $10 discount that apparently was applied.   I do have two  lines so the whole experience was exasperating and I’d caution all to keep hounding Verizon if you get a similar offer because they will find a way out of delivering what was promised. 

M626
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is that the discount is very real. I saw people posting their discounts on Reddit with it notated in their billing statement. The Verizon reps are either so in the dark about it or just don't care to the point they will say ANYTHING to get you off their line and make you someone else's problem. If you actually got the text, they had NO reason to misapply the discount since it appears that receiving the text (dispite having no rhyme or reason after MULTIPLE inquiries) was the only prerequisite. Verizon ripped us all off, but especially people like you, plain and simple.

jimmyt2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received this text yesterday and after checking with the internet, thought it may be worth my time to call and see what is up.

Verizon Msg: JAMES, great news! As a valued customer, you're eligible for an exclusive loyalty discount of $25/mo. off of your current Unlimited plan (no plan change is required). Just call 800.922.0204 today to get this limited-time offer.

I called and spoke to an agent, who then informed me that to receive this $25 dollar discount I had to upgrade my plan, but the cost of my bill would still drop from ~188 to ~164. Great! Sign me up!

Then after 5 minutes of plan details:

Agent: Oh the next bill will be ~175.

Me: so ~175 for the next plan then ~164 for every bill after that?

Agent: Oh no. It says ~$193. To receive the $25 "Loyalty Discount" the plan will require you to increase the total cost you pay per month from 188 to 193.

Me: I do not need any of the stuff in the higher priced plan. I called to receive a "loyalty discount" and pay less. Do not change anything. This was a waste of time and I feel like dishonesty on Verizon's part cost me 30 minutes of my day. Disconnect.

Agent calls back and is not happy and neither am I. Agent starts talking more about plans that I do not need.

Me: I'm done. You are still wasting my time. Disconnect.

I've been a "loyal customer" of Verizon since Verizon purchased Air Touch Cellular. Same account and number since 1998. I've seen Verizon take a beating in the socials many times but I have never had a problem with Verizon...until Verizon reached out to me and initiated a problem.

This is not an honest promotion. The text said, “No plan change required”