M2M check discrepancy between MyAccount on phone and Website!
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

Not sure if anybody's noticed this but on my Samsung Alias I went to MyAccount through the browser, M2M, then punched in my dad's number - He's an AllTel customer and I wanted to know if the transition had been completed so he was free for me now.

It reported back "nope, not on network"

So I called VZW customer service to ask when the transition would be done, she checked his number on the phone and said "He's in the M2M family as of now" - I check on my phone, with her on the phone, and says "Nope"

What's going on VZW????

Sure enough, I go to http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/LNPControllerServlet?path=lnppromo1 to check his number, it says "Yes" but my phone still says "no"!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: M2M check discrepancy between MyAccount on phone and Website!
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

Well Hallelujah! I checked the MyAccount M2M lookup today and whaddya know, my AllTel friends now show up as "IN" through that method.

Only took, what, 7mo+?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
Clearly there are still "issues" in the integration of Alltel into Verizon.    I don't have a specific answer for why one database says he's in and a second database says he's not.   Sounds like Verizon is not in synch with itself on this yet.   I would continue to escalate the issue up the chain until you get a resolution.   All the ground level customer service people can do is report what their screen says.   I think somebody higher needs to do an inquiry as to why the databases are not in synch with each other.   Please keep us informed and let us know how this all turns out  :smileysad:
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

I found the below verbiage regarding the migration of Alltel over to Verizon and M2M integration.   Here is what I found in the FAQ on Verizon's site.    If you get billed for your minutes to Dad I would use this as my proof that those charges should be reversed:

Are Alltel customers now part of Verizon Wireless’ Mobile to Mobile (formerly IN calling) service?

Yes, today Verizon Wireless customers can call Alltel customers without using their plan minutes.  Alltel customers will have access to mobile to mobile calling with Verizon Wireless customers on February 17, 2009.  Alltel customers will be able to use their mobile to mobile minutes for calls with Verizon Wireless customers without using their plan minutes.  Alltel customers will receive information with their bill in the coming weeks that informs them about when the expanded mobile to mobile calling community will be available to them.  Verizon Wireless now has the largest mobile to mobile calling community in the country -- 80 million customers.

0 Likes
kevinski
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ugh...that text really needs to be reworded, because not all Alltel customers are making the transition. Any Alltel customer in a divested area will NOT be counted as mobile-to-mobile. It's not a synching issue; those numbers just aren't mobile-to-mobile, and they never will be, unless the Alltel customers in divested areas make the switch on their own.
0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2
Read the original post again man. it is EXACTLY a syncing issue. the M2M check on my phone says "no" while the M2M check on verizon's own website says "yes"
0 Likes
kissafrog
Enthusiast - Level 1

The best way to confirm would be to log in to your VZW account and review the call details and see if the minutes are going to M2M.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2
And then I end up "paying" because they're wrong? I think the best option would be for them to fix the website functionality they already offer.
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello again bc3Tech!   I lean toward agreeing very much with you.   While all the verbiage and promises may seem a bit hazy the bottom line here has been pretty clear from the beginning.    The "intent" of this merger and the promises that flowed from it all indicated that the Alltel end-users would be included into the Verizon family . . . not excluded from it.

Anyway you slice this "that" was the intent.    Therefore, the benefit of any doubts here should be given to including their M2M minutes.    They should NOT be charged.   I clearly understand the frustration that this has yet to be resolved.   It may still take a while before we see official final clarifying information on this but in the meantime SOMEBODY at Verizon should be able to assure these two individuals that they are not being charged.   All I can say is please don't give up as you are right! :smileymad:

0 Likes
chesa319
If I'm understanding you right you used the number that Verizon gives to check the status of the minutes you have used.  But, when you get your bill the minute usage doesn't reconcile with each other.  I would think they should be the same.  Because this should be the same info you receive when you sign into my Verizon.  You were not talking about the minutes used that your cell phone keeps track of right?
0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2
correct i'm talking solely about the methods by which Verizon offers to check the M2M status of certain numbers - they aren't consistent.
0 Likes