MIFI 2200 Can't tether to laptop
SCrockett84

Just got the MIFI 2200 the other day.  I can use the WIFI fine, but I generally want to have it plugged in via USB to tether to use the modem and keep it charged (when I'm at work 8 hrs/day).  When I plug it in via USB (and I installed the drivers), it gives me the green power and green data light, but can't get to the 192.168.1.1 site via the browser.

What should I be doing differently?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MIFI 2200 Can't tether to laptop
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee
Hello SCrockett84, I would like to clarify the version of your MIFI, is it the newer OTA version? When you turn on the device is the service status light solid green or blinking intermittently? Does your computer recognize the local connection at all? I am very interested in troubleshooting this further and look forward to hearing back from you.
0 Likes
SCrockett84

Hi there...thanks for your assistance!

When my wireless radio on the laptop is off, I connect the MIFI device with USB, turn on, and the data light is solid green the entire time.  I can't seem to connect to the administration page (192.168.1.1).  It says page can't be displayed, like when I don't have an internet connection.  Here's what I see when I explore the device.  It shows the modem device is working properly.

Is it just my drivers are not installing properly when I loaded them onto the machine (i.e., is that why my "Data Interface" says drivers not installed (see 2nd screenshot)?

0 Likes
SCrockett84

Sorry, can't get the screenshots to work.

0 Likes
cfarther

I have the same problem, when the software is installing, there is a failure of the Data Interface driver.  Anyone else have this problem and get it fixed?  

Basically, I have no internet when tethered!

0 Likes
RonNCR

I am having the same problem with a new 2200ota 3g  to work teathered  support has no clue and told me to call nortel however they need a level 3 incident number before they will talk to me.

I am running xp prof sp3   and get an error looking for the data interface driver....

This may work for you tell windows to ignore the device and not look for a driver anymore then after doing that my wifi 2200 ota works teathered...  Hoiwever it is troublesome because the driver from nortell verizon clearly has an issue with xp sp3

It would be nice if this can be resolved perhaps if someone at verizon can get a level 3 ticket issued nortell will get involved... I see several complaints about this same problem out there

0 Likes
RonNCR

I am someone else with the same problem  with a unknown device " data interface"

I am having the same problem with a new 2200ota 3g  to work teathered  support has no clue and told me to call nortel however they need a level 3 incident number before they will talk to me.

I am running xp prof sp3   and get an error looking for the data interface driver....

When I  tell windows to ignore the device and not look for a driver anymore Then you can see the nortell cd file with the driver in it and load it My wifi 2200 ota then works teathered...  However it is troublesome because the driver from nortell / verizon clearly has an issue with xp sp3 and if I dont have windows ignore the data port driver missing issue my 2200ota wont work teathered

It would be nice if this can be resolved perhaps if someone at verizon can get a level 3 ticket issued nortell will get involved... I see several complaints about this same problem out there

0 Likes
RonNCR

You also need to install the VZ access manager to run teathered go on the web and download the vz access manager for the 2200    it will work with the 2200ota   but you will still have the data interface driver issue and will have to make windows ignore the missing driver till someone has a fix

0 Likes