MISLEAD re: upgrade/discount program
Punky71

We have been verizon customers for about 10 years, both home service & wireless. Recently (April) we applied for a discount program via the company my husband works for. Great deal right? We thought so until today when I went to upgrade my husband phone (after the 2 yr contact was up in May) I discovered that when we applied for the discount they ended our old account & started an new account WITH A NEW CONTRACT which voided his upgrade!!  Customer Service told me there is nothing she could do BUT if I go to the verizon store they MAY be able to honor the upgrade & waive the activation fee but it's up to THEM...! WHAT??? Either the company as a whole can help me or not...!  When a customer is not given accurate information it becomes impossible for us to make decisions & think poorly of a business & customer service of it as well.

Can an a representative for verizon please honor this upgrade? We will be happy to stay another 2 years on a new contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MISLEAD re: upgrade/discount program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Punky71,

I would be pretty surprised to find out that I couldn't use an upgrade after completing the two year contract too! This is something I definitely want to look into for you, and I really thank you for your detailed story.

If I had to take a guess as to what happened it's that you used to be the official "Account Owner." Employer discounts are great, but they do require that the discount is for the Account Owner's employer. Therefore, to receive your husband's discount we had to do an Assumption of Liability http://vz.to/1ixuDWx and make him the Account Owner before your family could receive the discount.

There are 2 different scenarios that an Assumption of Liability (AOL) could affect the contract on each of the lines.

1. If the line has a current contract a new contract term could begin when the AOL is completed

2. If the line does not have a contract term left on it the service would continue on a month to month basis for that line even after the AOL is processed

Did you know that the date your contract is set to end and the date that you are able to upgrade can be two separate dates? That's what can happen with an AOL because the upgrade date should not change; however, the contract may be affected if the line had an active contract on it. Very interesting, right?

This is what I want to investigate into for you. I would love to track down the old account and see when the original upgrade date for your husband's line was. If I find it needs adjusting I'll be happy to make sure that's done so he can get a new phone.

I've requested to follow you. Please approve, follow me back, and then send a Direct Message using these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O

I can't wait to hear from you!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I have a quote from a chat rep to upgrade to the Edge. Now after upgrading my plan is more. The quote is before Edge payments. No one with Verizon will honor the quote. Apparently when you upgrade to Edge the quotes are before Edge payments. This is online and in store, 2 stores gave me quotes before Edge payments. They tell you this is your Plan rate, they won't tell you it's before Edge. So you think you are getting a smaller bill when actually you aren't. This is a loophole that they train all their employees in. You sign the agreement on a tablet and it's before Edge. Now they won't honor what I was told. A Supervisor told me there is nothing they can do, I have to return phones to get out of plan. Another supervisor is suppose to call me, Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Punky71,

I would be pretty surprised to find out that I couldn't use an upgrade after completing the two year contract too! This is something I definitely want to look into for you, and I really thank you for your detailed story.

If I had to take a guess as to what happened it's that you used to be the official "Account Owner." Employer discounts are great, but they do require that the discount is for the Account Owner's employer. Therefore, to receive your husband's discount we had to do an Assumption of Liability http://vz.to/1ixuDWx and make him the Account Owner before your family could receive the discount.

There are 2 different scenarios that an Assumption of Liability (AOL) could affect the contract on each of the lines.

1. If the line has a current contract a new contract term could begin when the AOL is completed

2. If the line does not have a contract term left on it the service would continue on a month to month basis for that line even after the AOL is processed

Did you know that the date your contract is set to end and the date that you are able to upgrade can be two separate dates? That's what can happen with an AOL because the upgrade date should not change; however, the contract may be affected if the line had an active contract on it. Very interesting, right?

This is what I want to investigate into for you. I would love to track down the old account and see when the original upgrade date for your husband's line was. If I find it needs adjusting I'll be happy to make sure that's done so he can get a new phone.

I've requested to follow you. Please approve, follow me back, and then send a Direct Message using these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O

I can't wait to hear from you!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You won't be happy with the restocking charge either.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I got my issue resolved. Customer Service would not help. I finally found a contact person in my area that assisted. I didn't get what  I wanted but the offer made was satisfactory. It's not easy to get issues resolved. I was fortunate to find the right person.

0 Likes
fasmac
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem I called to cancel my total plan back on October 19th 2014 I was tricked into a new edge plan and was told on the phone the the new plan with the new phone would be no more than 190.00 I called on several occassions and was told by the agent that he would give up his job if the quote that he provided me was not correct we talked on the phone for more than an hour I asked over and over again and the then phones were delayed my next bill was over 300 I called as spoke to a supervisor and the supervisor advised that the informaion I received on the phone was correct that my bill would be 190.00 and my account was credited $25.00 because all the phone had not been activated finally after receiving all phones I get my bill and it is 333.00 I call as speak to someone and I am told that the charges are not including the phone charges I went into detail when I made this order and even verified with a supervisor now I am hearing something different that my bill is correct I would like return all phones cancel my service and get back the money I paid to this account and never have anything to do with Verizon again this is trickery bait and switch total lies. this has to be corrected I will do whatever I need to do I know that in this age that all calls are recorded I would like the call pulled and my offer honored this is total insanity!