MMS Messages not being delivered
JOHSAM60

I have an application that I wrote that sends pictures to mynumber@vzwpix.com. I am using Mailgun to send the email.  Everything looks as though the message goes but I never get the MMS message on my phone.  I can send the same email using my personal outlook and it goes through...   Anyone seen this before.  According to mxtool my domain and IP are not on any blacklist. 

Johnathan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Messages not being delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnathan we want you to be able to send MMS from your application. What kind of phone do you have? What messaging application do you use on your phone? Do you use the original app that came with the phone or Verizon Message+? Are you able to receive Text Messages from any other sender on your phone?

YeseniaV_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JOHSAM60

I have an iPhone 6.  But we have noticed that no verizon phones get the messages. I am simply using the standard iPhone SMS/MMS app.   We have a few that are other carriers and they get the same message.  I am able to receive messages from anyone else and other apps.  I feel like it is just this one service that is being possible blocked by Verizon.  Is there a best tech support number I could call to ask about messages being blocked and white list?

0 Likes
DevPkerz

I just finished setting up a similar function as JOHSAM through Mailgun only to find it didn't work and ended up here.  I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 with the Message+ app.  Using the SMS domain '@vtext.com' works fine, but when I try to use the MMS domain '@vzwpix.com', Mailgun marks it as delivered but I don't receive it. If I send through my personal email instead of Mailgun using the MMS domain it works, so I'm led to believe, like JOHSAM that Mailgun is being filtered or blocked from that '@vzwpix.com' domain.

Is there an update on this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DevPkerz,

We appreciate all your details. It sounds like there is an issue outside our network. If you can receive the messages from phone to phone and through your personal email, then the service is working. There seems to be a hold up through the Mailgun application. You will need to reach out to them directly. Here is their Contact https://www.mailgun.com/contact page for additional resources.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes