I thought this was an interesting article-->Cell Phone Cancer Warning

I wonder if it'll go through?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Maine to Consider Cell Phone Cancer Warning
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Saw the same article in our paper this morning....the question is not whether it will pass or not.  The question is, does it make a difference in people's perception and use of cell phones?  Will fewer people buy and use cell phones any differently with or without a warning label?

Does a warning stop a smoker from buying a pack of cigarettes?  Does a warning change someone's mind about having a drink and then driving?  Does anyone read labels??

A label in and of itself is not going to change much, or even raise awareness.  There are other means to do that,and the issue is still debatable.

0 Likes
Re: Maine to Consider Cell Phone Cancer Warning
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

Saw the same article in our paper this morning....the question is not whether it will pass or not.  The question is, does it make a difference in people's perception and use of cell phones?  Will fewer people buy and use cell phones any differently with or without a warning label?

Does a warning stop a smoker from buying a pack of cigarettes?  Does a warning change someone's mind about having a drink and then driving?  Does anyone read labels??

A label in and of itself is not going to change much, or even raise awareness.  There are other means to do that,and the issue is still debatable.

I do see your point. I have read some articles of where it say that cell phones can cause brain cancer. Other articles say that cell phones can't.  Even with a warning label, I think that people will not read it. Just go about talking on a cell phone. 

In recent months i've used speaker phone or bluetooth instead of holding the cell phone directly to my ear.

0 Likes